Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM

One day I picked up by GD from school. She was telling me that they were learning about "want" and "need" in class. For example, I may want a soda but I need water. I may want candy but I need fruit. I may want makeup but at your age you need makeup.
I swear one more remark like that and she is out of the will.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM

When my daughter was about five, she uttered a bad word: "Sh*t." Trying to head this language off, I told her not to say that when she was mad but to say, "Shoot a monkey." That afternoon she heard her dad say, "Damn." So she marched up to him, with her hands on her hips, and totally bewildered him by saying, "Don't say 'damn' -- say 'monkey sh*t'!"
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 AM

OMG these are hilarious.

I have another that one of you reminded me of.

When DD was about 4 we were in the grocery store and in the line in front of us was a woman with bright pink hair. I did my best to stay between her and DD so that I would not get the all too familiar, "HEY MOM" Well I failed miserably because very soon I heard, "HEY MOM, WHY IS THAT LADY'S HAIR PINK?!?!" The lady just turned around with a very smug smile and looked at me waiting for me to answer this loud child. I looked at DD and said, "well honey her hair is pink because she chewed too much bubble gum as a child." Pink lady thought that was great.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 AM

My parents' neighbors have several small children. One day while my father was out doing yardwork, the three-year-old son (who was quite distressed) came running towards him with his hands outstretched and clamped around something clearly important.

"Mr. Jerry, help! Mr. Jerry! Oh help! I have bless you in my hands!"

On a positive note, at least the child knew to cover his mouth and nose when he sneezed.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 AM

My DH and I had a worm bin and mulch project that we had in a bin under the kitchen sink. Our 4 year old granddaughter loved checking on them when she visited. One day I took her to her pediatrician's appointment in a large medical complex as Mom and Dad were working. We wiggled into the packed elevator on the 5th floor and road down a floor and no one had said anything so granddaughter chirped in with "My grandma has worms!" All heads turned to look at me and people backed away as far as conditions allowed. I turned bright red and said "Yes I do." and laughed to myself. She is 17 now and we still laugh about it.
Ann in TN
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM

When our first grandchild, Taylor, was between 2 and 3 yrs old, we were concerned that he didn't speak much. One day as our daughter, Abby was getting ready to leave our place, she said, "Taylor bring me your shoes--it's time to go home." No response. After the third time, Taylor put his hands on his hips and said "Abby, I can't hear you!" We about died trying not to laugh! (He didn't want to leave GrMa and GrPa's) That was when we realized he could speak just fine if he had something to say!!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

When my oldest (now 36) was 2 he was working on learning his abc's. One day I let him go get the mail out of the box. When I asked him if there were any letters and he said, "Nope, just only words."
Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dianemarie
Well; just need to add one more funny. We live on a dairy farm with multiple cats and kittens. Our daughter had a friend over from town and they were conversing about whether the kitten they were playing with was boy or girl. My daughter piped up and said lets take it to my Dad he can tell by holding it up and looking at the bottoms of their feet !!
ROFL!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
My young son watched a western movie, asked how they got that cart to push the horse. He was logical too!
oh that is soooooooooooo funny!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 AM

I was taking my 5 yr old DD to the surgeon's office to have sutures removed from her leg after an accident. As we walked down the corridor to the exam room she was looking at art work on the wall that he had painted. She asked me who did it and I told her it was the doctor. She said "he does good for his age". He got a big laugh.
Christmas 2009, our grandsons got two dachsund puppies for Christmas. The 5 yr old doesn't pay much attention to them and really wants a cat. When he asked his Dad why they couldn't have a cat he told him because we already had the 2 dogs. Grandson's response was, "Can we trade them in".
One afternoon my sisters and I decided to make cookies to surprise Mother. We were probably 11,10 and 9 yrs old. WHen she tasted the first one she was very suruprised and asked about the ingredients. I told her that the recipe called for 1/2 cup of nut meats but that the only meat we had was a can of corned beef hash. I've never heard the end of that.