Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by colwoods
I was taking my 5 yr old DD to the surgeon's office to have sutures removed from her leg after an accident. As we walked down the corridor to the exam room she was looking at art work on the wall that he had painted. She asked me who did it and I told her it was the doctor. She said "he does good for his age". He got a big laugh.
Christmas 2009, our grandsons got two dachsund puppies for Christmas. The 5 yr old doesn't pay much attention to them and really wants a cat. When he asked his Dad why they couldn't have a cat he told him because we already had the 2 dogs. Grandson's response was, "Can we trade them in".
One afternoon my sisters and I decided to make cookies to surprise Mother. We were probably 11,10 and 9 yrs old. WHen she tasted the first one she was very suruprised and asked about the ingredients. I told her that the recipe called for 1/2 cup of nut meats but that the only meat we had was a can of corned beef hash. I've never heard the end of that.
#3 what did you do with the rest of the can of corned beef hash?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

When my youngest DS was 4 or 5 the older kids were having some kind of heated discussion about something and he came up with his 2 cents. "Well, why don't you guys just look it up in the WINDEX." They looked at him EH? So he said, "you know in the 'in-cy-clo-mo-pedia' WINDEX."
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 AM

These have all been hilarious...don't even know if I can sew now or not, I keep breaking out in laughter! This was great. Thank you all!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
When my daughter Meghan was about 8, she wanted to go to a friend's house. I had a few chores for her to do before she could go. Apparently she thought the list was excessive because she went up to her room, fixed a little apron and made a name tag that said "Meg-arella".
:lol: :XD:
Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dianemarie
Well; just need to add one more funny. We live on a dairy farm with multiple cats and kittens. Our daughter had a friend over from town and they were conversing about whether the kitten they were playing with was boy or girl. My daughter piped up and said lets take it to my Dad he can tell by holding it up and looking at the bottoms of their feet !!
Oh MY!!! this sure made me and my husband laugh out loud... farm people have some good stories!!! ( my family) :thumbup: :lol:
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by judi_lynne
Originally Posted by Dianemarie
Well; just need to add one more funny. We live on a dairy farm with multiple cats and kittens. Our daughter had a friend over from town and they were conversing about whether the kitten they were playing with was boy or girl. My daughter piped up and said lets take it to my Dad he can tell by holding it up and looking at the bottoms of their feet !!
ROFL!!!
I'm telling you!!! This has got to be the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 AM

Here is a story about our daughter, she is 41 now.... when she was little, the school was reaching them some Spanish. one day we were riding in the car, and she asked us, "If you are in Mexico, and you are wearing a Tu Tu, would it be called a dos dos?".... we both looked at each other and burst out laughing.... we still remind her about this and she so remembers!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 AM

I took my granddaughter to the grocery store and while picking out cat food, she said to the strange man standing next to us, "My grandma has two kitties." Unfortunately, she hadn't mastered the sound of K and could only pronounce kitties with a t sound. You can imagine the man's startled look.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 AM

This one happened yesterday. I was getting out of the shower, and my DD was on our bed doing a puzzle. She was watching me get dressed and I was putting a bra on. She jumped up, grabbed her flip flops and started putting them on screaming, "We're going to Target!!!"

I turned, looked at her, and said, "Why?"

She says, "Mommy, you're wearing a seatbelt now.. and we wear seatbelts to be safe." Then she grabbed my hand and outside and to the car.

We did actually go to Target. :)
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 AM

LOL too funny.

We had an exchange student from Finland. She and my DD were talking about making bread like one of the teachers does every week. They decided they would not be good at that. I told them that the teacher said she baked a lot of bricks in her life too. The student looked sideways at me and said, "what does it mean when you call someone a brick?" I asked her who did she hear calling someone a brick. She said all of the kids at school call the Vice-Principal a "BRICK" I had to explain that it wasn't a "B" in that word.