Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Selena
One more and I'm done. My son asked if there was a plane traveling say 200mph and it suddenly stopped, would they die? Would who die? The people, would they just stop with the plane or would they keep going 200mph and slam into the front? I was speechless as he was 6.
Next time say, "That's why you keep your seatbelt on" :-).
Old 06-28-2011, 06:12 AM

He's 32 now.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 AM

When my daughter was about 8 or 9 she went to day care after school and during the summer. They sent out a newsletter to the parents each month. When reading that months letter I almost fainted. My daughter had decided the hamster needed a bath and tried to wash him in the fish tank. Luckily, no harm came to the hamster or the fish.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 AM

My granddaughter Lily was about 5, when one day, coming home from church, she began to rub her eyes. She leaned over to me, pulling open her eye wide and said "Gramma, would you look in my eye? I think I have an angel stuck in there"
Old 06-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Oh I have to put my 2 cents worth in. When my DD was 8 she found a stray cat hanging around our house. She fed it and played with it. Then she got VERY concerned about the cat. She called our friend up and explained the situation. (I didn't know about it) The friend came rushing over and wanted to see the cat. My daughter found the cat and my friend said, "Ok, let me see the cat's tumor." DD held up the cat's tail and said, "right under here!"
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 AM

My two youngest children were in the kitchen getting ready for school. Lindsey was 7 and Andrew was 5. Andrew was learning about apples and cider in his kindergarten class.I was in the bathroom when I overheard their conversation. Lindsey was drinking a glass of apple cider.
Andrew: That stuff is disgusting.
Lindsey: Why?
Andrew: It can make you sick, it's not even pasteurized.
Lindsey: What difference does it make if it's past my eyes?

They are now 19 and 17 and we still tease her about that!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 AM

When my niece was about 2 we took her for a walk in her stroller. It started to rain. She looked up, held out her hand, then, very annoyed, said "That sky's spitting on me."

Shortly after that she was standing in the bank beside her mother when she suddenly piped up, "Mom, do you like sex." The whole bank fell silent waiting for the answer.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 AM

My youngest daughter was always food oriented. At breakfast she would want to know what was for lunch so she could get her mouth ready. I was a nurse ,she was in the first grade and they were having a parent to come for lunch. She asked if I could come and I told her I would have to come in my uniform. She said "that's OK ,Mama, maybe they will think you are a waitress." They are so good about busting our pride bubble.
She said she wanted to be a "girlnacologist" when she grew up. I asked her what that was and she said "deliver babies". I told her it was 'gynecologist'. She said "but I'm not a guy I'm a girl." It mad me realize how hard it is to be a kid and make sense of an adult world.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 AM

When my second oldest GS was about 8,(now 22) he wanted to learn how to sew. We were in my sewing room & talking about music & I ask him if he wanted to hear some of my old songs when I was a teenager? He did so I got out my old 45 records to play for him. He looked at them with wide eyes & said " WOW G-Ma, I have never seen CD's that big before."
Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 AM

that one made me laugh outloud! the one with the cat with the tumor. I will add one.

Our neighbor's son was three and one day he was watching my dad working on something outside. the child just stood there for awhile. My dad noticed a small round bandaid on the child's arm. Dad ask him what happened. With a serious face, the boy said"a butterfly kicked me".