Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 04:17 AM

When my granddaughter was born her older brother was 2 and a half years old. The day after DD brought Lila home from the hospital, Davis started getting jealous. DD had explained how she had milk in her chest, and she would be feeding the baby that way for a while. She started to nurse the baby, and Davis tried to climb up in her lap. DD told Davis that he had to get down because Mommy was feeding the baby. Davis got very thoughtful, looked closely at me and said "Nom Nom gots big chests, why can't she feed the baby?" We laughed until we cried.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 AM

While husband was trying to install a new heat return in the floor and being an old home,the floors were very hard wood and the large nails just didn't want to go in as directed, he bent quite a few.....

needless to say, he was getting very annoyed and he %&*()^%$# a few expletives ........ and daughter, about three years old, replied....

"Daddy, you didn't bow your head when you said God's name".

He laid down the hammer and nails and decided to finish another day.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 AM

My husband was trying to explain something to our daughter who was about 7 or eight years old and he started with "When I was a kid..." Daughter stopped dead in her tracks and said with amazement "You were a kid???!!!" [
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dianemarie
Well; just need to add one more funny. We live on a dairy farm with multiple cats and kittens. Our daughter had a friend over from town and they were conversing about whether the kitten they were playing with was boy or girl. My daughter piped up and said lets take it to my Dad he can tell by holding it up and looking at the bottoms of their feet !!
Ok this one I love. LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 AM

when my GS was about 18 mo old, he was in the driveway after a rain and started yelling "nake, nake" and screaming, it was a big worm. We still tease him about it.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 AM

When my daughter was 5 a friend gave her an ID card to fill out. She wrote in her name, adddress, phone # and in the slot for "sex" she wrote "no". I asked her why and she said "Well Mommy, I don't have sex!"
Old 06-28-2011, 04:42 AM

I have 2 other siblings and a half brother. The half brother is younger. When he was little he couldn't understand why our last name was different from his, so we always told him we got him from the Indians. Then one summer we went to Tama, Ia., to the POW-WOW they hold each year, boy, did we have fun. Made him cry and he never wanted to go back. As he got older and mean we would tell him we were going to send him back, then when he was old enough he realized the truth .
Old 06-28-2011, 04:42 AM

My favorite is granddaughter asking her mom to call us up and see if they could come over and "watch Grandpa's hair fall out"! He was receiving chemotherapy and #1 son and DIL were explaining what happens with chemo.

The second is about three months later, #1 son, DIL, granddaughter and grandson are here and Josh looked at his dad and then to Grandpa and then back at his dad and said "You know, Dad, Grandpa has more hair than you do." That was when his hair came back in so full and curly (temporary, of course)!

My husband cherishes each of those little stories and it makes the cancer just a little bit lighter. He has been cancer free for six years come July 21! And I do think our son has more hair now than Grandpa!!!!! Edie
Old 06-28-2011, 05:07 AM

My mom, sister and I were out at a quilt show in the US so my dad, brother-in-law and my brother were all watching my niece. They decided to go and do some Skeet shooting. My niece was 4 and she is a very intelligent for her age and asked questions. SO the boys told her that they were practicing for when they go duck hunting. Well later that day we had asked the boys to meet us for dinner in the US since we live on the border its not a big deal. They pulled up to customs and answered all the questions and as they are pulling away with the windows still down, my niece yelled out "Shoot him Grandpa, Shoot him!"

We all still laugh at that story all the time. Good thing the customs guys didn't hear it!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

LOL...these are really funny! Thanks K for starting the thread.