Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM

My DH and son were horsing around earlier and DH told Payton, I'm going to get a new son. Payton looks at him and says what are you going to name him? Completely called his bluff lol
Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
My young son watched a western movie, asked how they got that cart to push the horse. He was logical too!
Love it. Bet the horse wish he knew the answer to that too.
Robin in TX
Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM

My cousin was pregnant with their 4th child, the first three were boys and they were hoping for a daughter. The oldest son (about 6 years old at the time) must have had overheard his parents at some point because during a family reunion he announced, "My mom and dad said if this one is a boy they are going to call it Quits".

It was a boy and No they didn't name him Quits, but several years they adopted 2 girls.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

My daughter raises goats, chickens, etc. DD milks the goats, makes cheese and the girls love to make ice cream. When the nanny goats have kids the family eats the males and keep the females to milk. Well, when DD got an ultrasound DGG called me on the phone and said, "Dramma, Mommie went to the doctor and they taked a picture of her belly. Do you know what was inside? It was a boy baby and we are NOT going to eat him."
Old 06-30-2011, 04:51 PM

My 4 year old GD spent the night with me last night. As always, getting her to bed was a time consuming project. After sleeping for about an hour and half, she sat up in bed and said she was starving. So, we got up, went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat. As I was working on the food, she said "Nana, We're 'not turtles'. It took me a minute, but realized she had said we're nocturnal. She may be, buy I certainly need my sleep at night.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM

[quote=Grandmother23]
Originally Posted by niizh
One Sunday, my two GD's and I were visiting my Mother. We were trying to get in touch with another cousin. My oldest GD ran to the phone, picked up receiver and just stopped. "How do you use this phone?". This comming from a teenager. It was an old rotary phone. She had never seen a rotary phone before.
When our DD was about 8, her Dad brought out an old turn table and a LP record. He put it on to play for her. Listened a little bit and asked her Dad how do you rewind it. He says like this, he picks up the needle arm and places it back at the begining.
Robin in TX
Old 06-30-2011, 08:56 PM

When our son was just a little guy he was invited to a B-day party. He was sp excited, everyday he would ask if the party was today. We said, no it is the day after tomorrow, then it was tomorrow, well the day of the party, he came in and woke us up and asked us if it was tomorrow and DH says, no this is today. He just started bawling. You should have seen us trying to calm him down enough to explain.
Robin in TX
Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 AM

When my oldest son was about three, we were in line at the store behind a plus-size woman, when my son tugged on my shirt and in the loudest voice you ever heard said, "Why is that lady so fat?" Talk about wishing for floors to swallow us up!
Recently, I was on the Thruway with my 12 year-old (mentally four) Down Syndrome daughter. I told her to watch for deer on her side of the road. It was quiet for a few moments when all of a sudden she's yelling, "Cockaroo...cockaroo!" I said "What?" "I saw cockaroo!" she said. Of course, I didn't see one but boy was my mind struggling with what she actually saw. I finally realized she had seen a woodchuck sitting on its haunches and she thought it looked like the kangaroos she had seen in pictures. I chuckled for the longest time on that one.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:11 AM

My oldest son was about 3 or 4 and there was a terrible thunderstorm going on and the power was off and we were talking about Mother Nature and he told me he knew who she was "God's secretary"! That one stunned me because it made perfect sense.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:09 PM

When my youngest daughter was about 7, a big fat siamese cat wandered into our yard. She told me she thought it was going to have kittens and could she have one. I told her she could. She found out that it belonged down the block so she took it home. Pretty soon she came back and said, Mom, that cat isn't going to have kittens, it's been noterized! (nuetered).