Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 10:56 PM

My sister's grand son, Jacob came for a visit. They were all at the table, when my sister noticed that Jacob was only eating from one side of his plate. She told him, Jacob, eat your food from the other side. Jacob, immediately got up picked up his plate and went around to the other side of the table. Boy did they get a laugh out of that.
#2 My oldest son was 2 or 3 when he was spending the day with his grand parents, My Mom was hanging clothes upstairs on the back porch when she had to nail up another clothes line. She dropped the hammer . My son came running down the stairs crying and holding his head. My Dad asked him what was going on. He said,,"Grandma hit me in the head with her hammer and it hurts like hell." Dad had to turn his head away to keep him from seeing him laugh, but he didn't succeed. My son, put his hands on his hips and asked, What are you laughing at? It's my head that got hit."
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 PM

When my youngest was born, my 3 year old was quiet jealous. Every time I would hold the baby, she would tell me to "put her up" and if I was feeding the baby, she would ask "Why are you doing that, she'll just poop".

My oldest DGS wouldn't eat anything with pepper on it because it "had dirt on it".

My DD was on her way to my house. At the enterance of our neighborhood, there's an electrical tower. As they turned into our neighborhood, my 6 year old DGS said "There's Nana's awful tower(Eiffel Tower).

When our next to the oldest DD was younger, she asked if we could to go to God's Will. I didn't know what she wanted and kept asking questions. Finally she said "There's where I want to go". We were passing by the Goodwill store!! Even though she is now grown with a daughter of her own, I still ask every so often if she wants to go to God's Will.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 AM

Oh these are just to funny. It is 2:20 am and I am laughing my head off.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
When DD was a baby her bowels did not move on a regular basis. When they did it was a national event. So my oldest (6 years old then) was helping me - he held her legs so she wouldn't put her feet in it. I got her all cleaned up - got the clean diaper under her and she let one fly - it flew clear to the wall. Splat! DS squealed & giggled and said, 'Mom! Mom! make her do that again."
Oh my gosh I am laughing till the tears are running down my face.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:57 AM

When my nephew was born his older sister was very curious about everything. When changing his diaper she noticed the stub of his umbilical cord still attached. She asked what it was and was told - "that's his cord." Her response - "You mean we have to plug him in?!?!"
Old 06-29-2011, 04:35 AM

My nephew was 5 and started school. We have always told him he is one quarter japanese. 1/4. Well, after a new math class they were learning about cents and money and he came home and asked my sis "I am a quarter japanese right? and of course sis said yes. And he asks her what she is ...a nickle?....and sis says "No fifty cents. We still laugh about that today and he is now 38. Gotta love those words that sound alike quarter and 1/4. :)
Old 06-29-2011, 06:36 AM

We knew that teaching fictional caracters as real was proven to be a stumbling block as far as kids understanding that God is really and truely real. From the start we talked about Santa as Saint Nick who lived a long time ago and all the things he really did do because he loved God. We then talked about how just like many stories that grow bigger and bigger as they get told so have stories of St Nick and all he can do and so on. One day while in a store an elderly frail white haired woman teetered over and said to our son who was not much more then 3 -" Aren't you excited, it's almost Christmas. Do you think Santa will bring you everything you asked for." Before I set the stage our son blurted out-" Santa is dead." The woman gasped teetered, grabbed her chest and looked at me in horror. Fast as I could I explianed what was meant by his statement. She walked away shaking her head. So for those of you who want to know about Santa-just ask my kids they don't mince words (we have worked on tempering them though so no one has a heart attack).
Old 06-29-2011, 07:12 AM

When our youngest son was in daycare the babysitter told the kids that they were going to exchange names for Christmas. One of the little girls was very upset when she got Rocky's name and wanted to know when Christmas was over if she could have her name back.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

When my son was 3 we hadn't really taught him much about Christmas and Santa yet. We worked late and as a good behavior reward, we stopped to get a doughnut - it was the only thing open at 10 pm. The doughnut lady asked DS if he was waiting for Santa to come and bring him presents. He didn't know what that was about. We explained some on the way home but it was late and we were tired. Got home and put him to bed. 3 hours later he is SSSOOOO NOT asleep. So I asked him what he was doing. He said he was waiting for Santa to show up. We told him to get some sleep... not a time to explain anything to a 3 year old... right? Well, he's still in there an hour later bouncing off the walls so to speak. DH got up and put a pillow in his red pajamas and pulled a stocking cap over his hair and put some quilt batting around his face and went in the DSs room and told him Santa was here and he better get some sleep right soon. Well, the next morning he gets up bright and early and he says, "Mom, don't tell, Dad but I know who Santa is." I just winked and said that would be our little secret.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:55 PM

I have one on me. When I was little my mom got fired from a job. I remember being very upset by this. Everyday she would leave and come home again looking perfectly normal. One day I couldn't take it any longer and I asked, "Mom when is it going to happen?" She asked "when will what happen?" I asked "When will they burn you up?" She thought that was pretty funny but I remember being terrified that they were going to burn her up.