Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM

Great Niece was visiting and telling me about the trip the family was taking to Disney World. Then she says to me "Auntie I don't want to go to another world suppose they don't talk the same language as me."
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM

My 4 yr old grandson wanted to help me make a cake. He was sitting in the middle of the snack bar, as I got out the ingred. When I layed the eggs on the counter, he grabbed one and said "Let me hatch the eggs" Needless to say, I grabbed the eggs and said, no I'll hatch them, you add the butter. We still laugh about him wanting to "hatch" the eggs.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 PM

My sister was pregnant with her second child shortly after I had my son. I was breast feeding and my sister asked me if I minded if my niece observed the process since she planned on doing that too. My niece stared at me intently while feeding my son. I asked her if she had any questions. She asked "where do you pour in the milk so he can eat?"
Old 06-28-2011, 06:50 PM

When my grandson was 3 he got a new sister, his mother decided to breast feed her he looked at his mom and asked if one could have pop in it and the other one have chocolate milk and he would have some too
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by niizh
One Sunday, my two GD's and I were visiting my Mother. We were trying to get in touch with another cousin. My oldest GD ran to the phone, picked up receiver and just stopped. "How do you use this phone?". This comming from a teenager. It was an old rotary phone. She had never seen a rotary phone before.
This is funny!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Borgie3
My mom's face was heavily wrinkled, which she was really self-conscious about. One day my 3 year old boy was lying down with her, softly stroking her face, and said, "Grammy, you should iron your face". She thought that was so funny.
lollolololol So funny to me!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:12 PM

When my now adult son was about 4, we were in a store. It was cold season, every kid in his Kindergarten class had his own little bag of Kleenex and my DS insisted that he have one too. I was tired and becoming irritable, yanked him into a department store and went hunting for a new set of sheets. He dug in his heels and started grumbling, wanting his own Kleenex, then waited till the huge store was quiet, and in a high little boy's voice that could be heard into the next town, he screeched out "You never buy me any KOTEX!!!"
Everyone near me instantly leaned over to hear my answer.....I drug that brat out of the store and we went right home, him firmly locked into the back seat and a grim momma in the driver's seat.
He's now a very courteous gentleman of 43, and to my knowledge, buys his own Kleenex.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 PM

When my daughter was about 4, a new motel was being built in our small town. She was so excited and exclaimed, "Now we won't have to drive so far to stay in a hotel."
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 PM

i have loved reading these stories.i'm here laughing trying not to wake up DH. not easy for sure. lol

out of all the memories this has bought up i will only tell one, this was a favorite of mine.

my oldest was five and he would get upset at me and stomp his foot and say "i'll show you!" and stomp off to his room in which my 1 year old would go with him. they would huddle with each other and the little one listening to my older one. then for my best part they would go to sleep for a least a couple of hours and when they got up all was forgotten. loved it-- at least 2 whole hours break ahhhhh!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 PM

Wow where do we start there are so many.
When our oldest son was very small I let his hair grow. He had large angelic blonde curls that grew shoulder length. We lived in CA at the time. While in the grocery store one day the clerk remarked what a beautiful little girl we had. My husband gently said, 'She is a He.' The clerk apologized to my husband and then carried on with an apology to our son- ' Can you ever forgive me?' she asked. Our son leaned forward placed his hands one the convarior belt and looked her eye to eye. " No," he said. " But Jesus will." We were all a little surprised. Later I questioned had he had more time if he would have said," now lets pray for this poor lost soul."
Our kids have had a great deal of exposer to adults expecially seniors so their conversations have a flavor quite unique that surprise a lot of people.