Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 07-02-2011, 02:24 PM

My daughter came home from school (grade school) and decided to surprise me when I came in from work. She made a bowl of pudding, then dropped it on the floor, got the vac and sucked it all up. Naturally bro couldn't wait to tell on her. Vac ruined end of story.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
My daughter came home from school (grade school) and decided to surprise me when I came in from work. She made a bowl of pudding, then dropped it on the floor, got the vac and sucked it all up. Naturally bro couldn't wait to tell on her. Vac ruined end of story.
Hmmm. A friend of mine left her 3 boys with a 14-yr-old babysitter. The youngest threw up. She was at a loss and asked the oldest boy how his mom cleaned it up. He said she used the vaucuum, so that's what the babysitter did. It was a canister vac with a long, long hose...
Old 07-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

AND she left her children with a 14 year old who was actually that stupid??? :roll: :lol: (Well, somedays, I feel that dumb too!)
Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 AM

I enjoy reading what the 'kids say', but especially Loved your story. Thanks for sharing. Eiltcoq.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 AM

When my youngest was about 7 yrs old she heard someone talking about their astrological signs. She came into the kitchen and told me that she was Vegitarias (she was a Sagitarius)
Old 07-04-2011, 12:15 PM

I have to share my story about our kids wondering what the gender of our cats were. My husband would tell them that they had an F or M under their tail, and they would look and say they saw it.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:04 PM

When my DD was in kindergarten she was learning numbers. The teacher was teaching them 10, 20 and so on. On the way home from school she went all the way through to a 100 but instead of saying 100, she said 80, 90, 10dy. I laughed so hard.
When my son was about 4 he got mad at me for something, what I cannot remember, he was so mad he got his little suitcase, through in some underwear and went flying out the door and down the street. He was crying his little eyes out and all I could do was laugh which just made him more angry. I was laughing so hard I couldn't run after him. I had to get my daughter to run down the street and bring him back.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:54 PM

When son was little and we were really stressing how to take good care of his teeth. We were in checkout line at the store and son was sitting in the seat of the shopping cart so he was looking right at the man behind us. All of a sudden in a very loud voice he says Mama that man has really ugly teeth. Without missing a beat the man tells him if he doesn't take really good care of his teeth, is are going to look the same way.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
While husband was trying to install a new heat return in the floor and being an old home,the floors were very hard wood and the large nails just didn't want to go in as directed, he bent quite a few.....

needless to say, he was getting very annoyed and he %&*()^%$# a few expletives ........ and daughter, about three years old, replied....

"Daddy, you didn't bow your head when you said God's name".

He laid down the hammer and nails and decided to finish another day.

That is just tooo cute!

My sister did similar once, my dad heard his favorite word come out of my sister's mouth, jumped all over her, then realized that she was just copying her daddy, told her he would work very hard to stop cussing, too!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by good_apple
I took my granddaughter to the grocery store and while picking out cat food, she said to the strange man standing next to us, "My grandma has two kitties." Unfortunately, she hadn't mastered the sound of K and could only pronounce kitties with a t sound. You can imagine the man's startled look.
rofl