FYI~~Fraud alert

Old 06-02-2013, 08:08 AM

Delivery Service Companies DO NOT send E-mails Also Western Union and Money Gram DO NOT send E-mails. Never open these ALWAYS delete them. I had sent money through WesternUnion and the next day I received an E-mail from them-not thinking I opened it. I never gave them an E-mail address. My stuff was so messed up. All these frauds want is your personal info. Such as Credit Card numbers If its suspicious always hit DELETE do it twice to be on the safe side
Old 06-02-2013, 08:38 AM

I also got this and one from Fedex too.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Anytime I get a phony email labeled Paypal or Ebay, I forward them to [email protected] or [email protected], that way they can be aware of them. I never follow a link in an email(even if it says it's from my bank), I go to my bookmarks and find the link there. If you hover your cursor over the link in the suspicious email (just to be nosy) you can usually see where it will really go. I don't even bother opening ones that I'm not sure of, I just go to my account and see if there's anything they want to say to me.

Last edited by jeaninmaine; 06-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 AM

I've gotten those emails fro, UPS and FedEx, too. If I know neither my husband or I has ordered something, I just delete email. I figure if it was legit, delivery company could call me. Or, I could call them to ask about delivery. So many of those phishing scams look so real.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:23 AM

Not an email, but I got a crazy phone call yesterday. A person who could barely speak English claimed he was calling from 'Windows Tech Center'. When I did not respond to another statement about my 'Windows' on my computer that I only understood a few words of, he hung up. No number or name came up on caller ID......I was listening to wait for the choice some give of "No More Calls"! WHY would I ever believe Windows would be calling? Ha!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 AM

I got one from American Airlines, it looked like I had purchased two tickets and even had dates and times of departure, They wanted me to download my E- tickets. I called Americn Airlines instead, and they said they have had a lot of them lately, and is is another phishing scam. I look at it this way, if anyone needs to get a hold of me there is a phone, and even then I don't give out info if they call me.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 AM

I got an e mail from USPS., I called them and they said "did you ever give us your e mail address " Of course I had not, so now I know when I get mail from DHL or Fedex thats its a scam as they don't have my address
Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 AM

I get them....usually saying I have a FedEx delivery....if I'm not expecting anything I delete immediately without opening....
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 AM

My husband got one of these emails from DHL a few months ago. Turns out, he was expecting a delivery, so he opened it. Bad! Bad! Bad! It set loose a virus on our PC and we have done everything we can, and just cannot get the PC back to normal. I still can't understand why people get such pleasure out of something like this.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM

Yesterday in snail mail I got a "notice" I won two free round trip plane tickets. I tore it up.