Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting rid of creepy crawlers

Spray them with hairspray. That stops them!
    /sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I usually give spiders a pass because they eat other bugs (and they are too fast for me to catch them). But in the new place I just moved to, there are spider webs ALL OVER the outside of the place and they actually poop on the windows.

Is there some common household product I can spray to deter them from making webs there? It is vinyl siding with lots of weird angles that are perfect for webs.

I'll take your snakes and give you my spiders.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I'm a bit tender hearted for some bugs like lady bugs, crickets, june bugs, etc. I'll pick them up and take them outside. Spiders on the other hand...THEY GONNA DIE! haha[/QUOTE]

june bugs are bad --their larval form eat roots of trees and ornamental shrubs/bushes. in this area lady bugs bite (hard!) in the fall & spiders just crawl back in ....kill 'em all is my motto.
    Last edited by roguequilter; 07-19-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
    I'll take your snakes and give you my spiders.
    no! you can not have my snakes! ...or my sweet little scorpions ....
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    I usually give spiders a pass because they eat other bugs (and they are too fast for me to catch them). But in the new place I just moved to, there are spider webs ALL OVER the outside of the place and they actually poop on the windows.

Is there some common household product I can spray to deter them from making webs there? It is vinyl siding with lots of weird angles that are perfect for webs.
    pt go to the dawn dish soap site -they have some recipes to repel bugs

Speaking of spiders, I must share a picture of one, I took yesterday. It was on my back door. You'll notice it only has six legs but it you look closely, you'll see a nub on each side, where legs may have been. I did a Google Image search and it's supposedly called an Isolated Thorny Legged Lynx Spider. Cute, isn't it? In reality, the body (without legs) is only about 1/4" long.
    Name:  Spider.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  64.4 KB
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
    Not a very smart man. You can buy any, roach AND spider spray that works fine and doesn't cause that kind of damage
    Forget the sprays. Just use a fly swatter, if you want it dead.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I don't like spiders either. We had inset service fora long time and one of the things I was told was to be sure to vacuum the track channels for the windows. Spiders like to lay in wait in those tracks, but if there is nothing there, they won't hang around. Wish someone would tell that to all the critters trying to take up housekeeping in my garage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2