Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Girl Scout cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    now all that planning, strategizing should be done in a math class in school.....what a concept!
    I can't understand what you are saying here. Are you implying that no group outside of school should teach a skill? Should kids in sports not utilize math in calculating earned run percentages? Should children never budget and plan financials outside of school? Of course school teaches this, but why complain that an organization provides practical examples that reinforce the subject?

Putting a skill into practice is so much different than just book work. People who are book smart are always not the best people for the job.

Blog Entries
    i was a girl scout and sold dozens of cookies walking around in my uniform in cold March weather. It was part of being a scout to me. When Samoas came out, I thought I died and went to heaven. i always said I buy girlscout cookies as long as a girl came to my door. The first year samoas were out, i bought a whole case. My dh came home tonight with my box of samoas and thin mints. Heaven again!!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

The real "profits" go to the cookie company. I donate $ to the troop. Pure "profit". It is my understanding that the troops have to buy their inventory of cookies THEN sell them. Time to let go of this tradition. Yes, i was a Girl Scout.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    The real "profits" go to the cookie company. I donate $ to the troop. Pure "profit". It is my understanding that the troops have to buy their inventory of cookies THEN sell them. Time to let go of this tradition. Yes, i was a Girl Scout.

sandy
    The troops do not buy their cookies. The girls take orders which are tallied by the cookie chairs. Some troops will add extras to the order so they'll be able to set up a table at local post office, store or bank. Of course, the bakeries make the most money. They are the wholesalers.

We support both the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts. I was a GS, our 3 sons were Boy Scouts. 2 of our sons met their future wives through scouting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3