The Girls vs Storms

Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Cute. I always thought Greyhounds were gray in color. They sure have long pointy noses. Bet they can get in tiny tight places.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM

They are such beautiful greyhounds. Hugs and kisses to them. Wish I could reach through the screen and lterally hug them but might scare you husband!!!HA

My daughter and fomer hubby rescued a retired racing greyhoud. He was so precious, Had to eventually be put to sleep, after they had him for 7 years, due to epilipsy. medicine would not control it. I happened to be visiting the day they took him to vet so Kody (AkA Killer B) spent the day on my bed and I told him to come and see me, cuz I would miss him.

Not I am not looney tunes, but I can feel him jump on my bed at night and can also feel my Amalie cat, who died 2 years ago, do same. I feel so blessed! They went over the Rainbow Bridge to Heaven.

Kody was all black the sister to my cat, daughter had died 3 yrs ago, smae mothh as Amalie, but different year. Both cats were white like QBETH on this link. Bethan loved Kody, they would curl up against other and sleep.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:22 PM

My 2 biggest dogs, a Great Dane and a CoonHound/Black Lab mix are terrified of storms. The Dane hangs with me leaning his head on my sholder (when I am sitting or leaning on me when I am standing) and the other dog is in the hall way where no windows are so the storm cannot see her. I used to have a Beagle mix who dlimbed a baby gate to get to me when a storm would hit. Often wondered why some dogs are so afraid and others could care less. Take care.
Linda
Old 04-09-2011, 03:31 PM

Thanks for sharing... beautiful
Old 04-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Oh, what sweethearts! I have one that was terrified of thunderstorms. He would hide and pee in fear, the poor thing.

He's much, much better now; I started seating him next to me as soon as he would start acting agitated, and then reward him with attention only as long as he's calm. As soon as he starts getting upset I stop touching him and paying attention to him, because that just makes it worse.

Now, as soon as the wind starts I can distract him with a ball and an indoor game of fetch - something he NEVER would have done when we adopted him a few years ago! Now the only time we really have problems is when storms hit at night, I would guess because we don't take control before he starts getting upset. But he's making progress with that, too.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:47 PM

Beautiful dogs!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 PM

June,
The pictures of your girls made me cry, they look just like Nick and Riley that we had for 9yrs Both rescued from the track.
I miss them so much, they were wonderful dogs.
Wofllady
Old 04-10-2011, 04:07 PM

My sister has a yorkie that always knows when storm is coming. Daphne is in her arms till the storm passes.