Giving cat a pill

Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Giving Cats Pills
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING YOUR CAT A PILL

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with lef hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of 10.

4. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

5. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

6. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

7. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

8. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

9. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

10. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

11. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

12. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint of water down throat to wash pill down.

13. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room; sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by furniture shop on way home to order new table.

14. Arrange for vet to make a housecall.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:02 AM

Oh i love it!!! On the phone with hubby trying not to laugh out loud while pretending to listen to him!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 AM

poor kitty cat, it now is: Sick and Tired!!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Oh so funny. I can see it happening at my house.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 PM

I crack up everytime I read this.

I have not only seen this before I have lived it At least part of it. I stopped after being clawed and got an old tshirt sewed down the sides so it barely fit over her head, tied the arms around her and tied the bottom and then shoved the pill down her throat.
Male cat, open mouth, drop pill, rub throat, get really dirty look but thats it! But then again he thinks he is a dog.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:48 PM

This is really funny to read but in real life it is easy to give a cat a pill. At least it was to my cat and I pilled her 2 times a day until she passed on at 16 years of age. Maybe she just got used to it, but I like to think she knew that they made her feel better. She has been gone for a year and I still miss her.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
This is really funny to read but in real life it is easy to give a cat a pill. At least it was to my cat and I pilled her 2 times a day until she passed on at 16 years of age. Maybe she just got used to it, but I like to think she knew that they made her feel better. She has been gone for a year and I still miss her.
I think it depends on the cat. My daughter has 2 cats. Spike and Ophelia. Spike is easy, pop and its done. Ophelia on the other hand...
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM

How true--how true!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM

This was hysterical - thank you!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:11 PM

We've had to give our cat pills already. Almost all of this is very true!!!