GMA's Robin Roberts

Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
I believe Al Roker is married to Deborah Roberts who is also a news person.
This is correct. She is real sweet looking and quite good at what she does.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 AM

My thoughts are also with her, she is such a delightful and wonderful person. I thought the book that was given her with messages from well wishers was really a neat idea and she really seemed appreciative of everything. What a WONDERFUL & SPECIAL lady.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 AM

Yes, Best wishes on her recovery and condolence for the family. She was able to make to Mississippi Gulf Coast amist of the bad weather to be with her mother yesterday before she passed away late Thursday night. Her mother "Lucimarian Roberts" was 88 years old. Her and Robin wrote a book entitled "My Story, My Song."
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 AM

Al Roker and Robin Roberts both have Ohio ties but are not married to each other. Robin is a very strong person and our prayers go out to her.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 AM

You are right. Al is married to Deborah Roberts.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
Yes, Best wishes on her recovery and condolence for the family. She was able to make to Mississippi Gulf Coast amist of the bad weather to be with her mother yesterday before she passed away late Thursday night. Her mother "Lucimarian Roberts" was 88 years old. Her and Robin wrote a book entitled "My Story, My Song."
My heart just sank when I heard that news last night. The only "up side" to this (maybe?)? My Mother used to say that bad things come in 3's so maybe now Robin's bad stuff is behind her. I hope so. I have so much respect for her. She is such a class act in a time when there are so few on TV.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM

Robin's sister, Sally Ann Roberts, is a news anchor on the CBS station in New Orleans. Wonderful Christian lady. She is the 'Perfect Match' for what Robin is needing. Sally Ann and CBS affiliate in NO have made a significant contribution to donor awareness having had several "Perfect Match" events in New Orleans where people come and are tested to be bone marrow and organ donors, etc. The entire Roberts family have always "bloomed where they were planted'. The world needs more people like them.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM

I think I heard on Thursday that GMA will have a like on their website that we can go to and see what the doctors are saying about her progress. I wish her well. A friend went through bone marrow transplant so I know what is involves.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 PM

Robin roberts is a class act. I wish her well for her health and happines. It will be hard for her losing her mom and then going thru the treatment but her faith will bring her strength.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter View Post
Did anyone else have tears running down your face this morning watching Robin Roberts last day on GMA this morning?

What a wonderful and strong woman she is!
Don't watch that station...