Go Figure!!!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 AM

As John Stossel would say to this lady,"Give me a break".
Old 06-16-2011, 06:16 AM

This situation is probably surprising to City Folks that Country folks have the same situations like them! City Folks are just more closer to their nieghbors than we are.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 AM

My mother use to have a neighbor like her. LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 06:20 AM

Please don't send them back to the city!
My parents lived in Denver until they both passed. They had a neighbor couple who would walk the neighborhood SEARCHING for what they saw as infractions. Then they would call the city and county of Denver and report the problem. When my Dad was dying of Lung cancer my sister had moved in to take care of my parents. She has Miniature Pinschers and the lady called the city to report the number of dogs and ALL of the barking that was affecting her health. The inspector came and when he heard what the problem was he left. After my father died, the city called a meeting of a 2-3 block area in their neighborhood. Apparently they told the homeowners (Including the gestapo neighbors) that they would no longer be answering the repeated calls from this area as they were becoming a problem and most were unfounded.
My sis has since moved into the house and these neigbors have moved to California, (sorry CA!!!) But before they left they called on her Lab mix Ruger. He has the sweetest personality, but she was reported for having a "BAD" dog and too many. The inspector that came to the house looked at him laying on the floor at his feet and shook his head. The too many came from her living in the country and moving into town and inheriting my Mother's dog. The solution is an agreement not to get anymore dogs until some of them pass on.
It takes all kinds of people. I have lived in my house 20 years and have never been called on by any of my neigbors.
Susan
Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 AM

Some people are just natural born troublemakers. They do not make good neighbors.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:49 AM

jitkaau, we've been doing that for years! "Smile and nod". Or more like "Smirk and shake" the head.

I didn't explain that she does not live in the property across the road, tho she owns it. She lives way down the road! She's not really a problem normally but can be like this. Been trying to sell the property for years but something about going through a nasty divorce means neither has clear ownership and taxes have not been paid for at least 12 yrs!

Anyway, I truly pity her.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Oh too funny! When the neighbors on our road mow the paved street looks like a lawn and nobody complains.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM

City folks..move next door to a pig farm and then complain about the smell.
Or live somewhere that is country and someone builds a house next to your horse pasture and hangs fly catchers on the fence. That happened to us. It's the country, folks, and we were here first!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Kas

Hmmm. Like the time our dog started barking like crazy and wanted out. DH let her out and followed her armed with the flashlight and his sidearm. There in OUR driveway was the lady up the street. She actually complained to my husband that Lucky was barking at her! Well, duh! You are standing in our driveway at 2:00am!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:55 AM

Look at it this way, if she thinks you did it, she may be inclined to keep her place a little neater - that unsaid threat that you just MAY call on her mess again!!