Go Figure!!!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 01:41 PM

Oh, a few week ago I had a disturbing neighbor experience.
My husband and I were watching tv when all of a sudden we hear a crash and our house shook. I ran outside to see a girl about 7 leaving my driveway with her bike. I realized that she had crashed into our garage door. Well she seemed to be all right and went about playing with the other kids in the neighborhood. I looked at our garage door and it had a big gouge in it where she hit it. So I tracked her down and said I need to see her parents. I met the mom and she seemed apologetic and said she would pay for it. Well I set it up to get fixed and she wouldn't talk to me. She would only deal with the contractor. She wouldn't answer my phone calls about it, but she would talk to the people fixing it just fine. So now I am known as the bad guy on the block for making them fix my garage door. Man, I tell ya, I don't know what this world is coming to. I keep to myself and don't bother anyone, if fact no one knows me because I am sick and don't get out much. Gone are the days when you had good neighbors.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Kitsie, I feel for you. We also have a neighbor whose yard looks like a garage sale threw up in it. When the county told her to clean it up, she started picking it up, and throwing it in other people's yards. She got a $600 ticket, and it has been crazy around here for the last two summers. I can't even sit in my yard without being verbally abused by this woman and her boys (who are 6 and 7)! Some people's children!

( I just thought of this...You could pay the back taxes, and take the property for your own. I am sure there is a legal way to do this. Call your county clerk. or attorney for info.)
One couple moved a trailer onto it and he cleaned it up nicely with bulldozers and backhoes. They wanted to buy it like you said, but the county says they can't (for the reasons I mentioned before). I don't have the money anyhoo. I wonder that they've had it under 3 different realtors in 3 years and started off asking for that waterless 1.25 acs with no house what we paid for out 8.5 acs with 14 stall barn and 2 houses!! Even though its come down to a reasonable price, they're not allowed to sell it! What realtor is not finding out the legalities before taking it on??

Anyway, time to quit yammering about it! My neighbors at this end of the road are all wonderful. We just all know she's weird!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Sounds like more then a little grass issue. When we moved here we were warned of an elderly woman who is off a little. She believes things are going on that aren't. Anyways to make a long story a bit shorter. When we found out a a eal wack job who moved in near us put firecrackers in her mail box just ecause others said they didn't like her I started to take pitty. One day our youngest tipped his bike over out front near her flower bed. Our oldest came to tell me she was yelling how he had crushed her flowers. I went down introduced myself and offered to repalce any flowers even though he was no where near the flowers and on public sidewalk. She still is a bit off but has come o trust us and will say hello. Even dropped a gift bag of cookies on the porch for my husband after he snow blowed her out only once.The hard exterior and the mistreatment of the dog though unthinkable to all of us may be something that needs to be looked through. As I collect characters for writing and do story telling I am continually learning that there are people behind these sometimes hard to handle matters who need some contact with kindness and reality.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Wow I guess mom was right she always says that some people just aren't happy unless they've got something to complain about. I'd tell her do you know what a garden hose looks like, spray under the car if it has grass on it.

I know when I lived in OkC the city drove around and they would warn people to keep their grass cut, because it cut down on rodents and the risk of rattlesnakes in the city limits. If it got to a certain height the city would mow the lawn down and send you a pretty hefty bill.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:10 PM

I understand your feelings about the spot you are in. The best thing is to go along as if nothing has happened. Maybe the next time the grass goes in the street she will take you to court and the judge can tell how foolish she is.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
Wow I guess mom was right she always says that some people just aren't happy unless they've got something to complain about. I'd tell her do you know what a garden hose looks like, spray under the car if it has grass on it.

I know when I lived in OkC the city drove around and they would warn people to keep their grass cut, because it cut down on rodents and the risk of rattlesnakes in the city limits. If it got to a certain height the city would mow the lawn down and send you a pretty hefty bill.
They do the same thing in Indianapolis about grass. Better not have junk in your yard either.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Uh, guys, y'all got it wrong! WE don't HAVE a problem!! But we are the ones across the road, so who else would she get mad at? And certainly she's no threat to us! It's not something to keep us up at night!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like she doesn't play well with others.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM

I live out in the country, have all my life and I'm almost 53. We call women like her 'city girls'
Old 06-16-2011, 07:15 PM

Hmnnnn....I've never heard of grass clippings sticking to the bottom of a car and I ran the service department for an auto dealership for two years. I'd be out there mowing everyday if I were you.