Go Figure!!!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I have to agree with feline fanatic, if she and the 2 other "nameless" persons are worried about getting the bottom of their car dirty, tell them to go back to the city. The nerve!!!
Hello? you want them sent to those of us in the city? How mean! :lol: Don't we take all your nutjobs and let them roam free?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Look at it this way, if she thinks you did it, she may be inclined to keep her place a little neater - that unsaid threat that you just MAY call on her mess again!!
Deb, I never called them in the 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, etc, etc. County has been trying for years and so have other neighbors! LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Guess I live in a pretty (and Pretty. lots of trees) good neighborhood. The guy next door,south, when he mows his lawn, mows our front yard, so we only have to keep up with the back. I live across the street from our church. (No excuses for not showing up Sunday mornings.) On the south of that is an open block of grass that is kept mowed.
The minister of our church lives on the north oorner by the church.
The neighbors on the north, I just made the daughter a baby quilt. The daughter was 3 months old when we moved in here. The son bought the next house north.
Across the alley, south, the kids that have started a band and practice in the evenings are getting pretty good, so thats not so bad anymore. LOL Yes, I think I live in a pretty good neighborhood.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 PM

We live in the city in a quiet neighborhood. When we moved in we had neighbors who were into motorcycles. Once a week they had friends come and would roar off on a road trip. Everyone tolerated it and the occational party since they kept it under control. When the husband was layed off the bikes showed up every night and would roar off at all hours. I said nothing trying to keep peace between their kids and ours the only other kids to play with. Other neighbors were not happy and would call the police- since different members of the group had friends on the police dept they kept getting warned and would go in the house before the patrol cars could catch them. One evening my oldest son and his friend came a little too close to the line up of bikes for their liking.The husband 6' 3" faced down 2, 11 year olds to put the in their place. When they came home shaking I was finally left with no choice- as usual it happened with my husband away on business- everything happens then. I called over then stood on my porch which put me just above eye level of the man who was madder and redder then heck. I told him his temper was out of control and any issues were to be brought to me (I was nervous not sure what he'd do) I told him everyone along the street has already had complaints about the frequency of the bikes etc and he automatically assumed I was the one calling the police daily. Some folks won't believe you no matter what and you have to just leave well enough alone.
Course there alos are the ones you need to just connect with by a simple act of kindness like a flower or a dessert
Old 06-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Poor thing - she may be lonely or unhappy to find fault with such a minor thing. I'd bake a pie or cookies, take them over & visit. Explain that you are sorry for her dilemna, but you have no control over the wind, and as far as you know, grass on the undercarriage will not harm her car.
She sounds like someone who needs a bit of TLC.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by montanajan
Poor thing - she may be lonely or unhappy to find fault with such a minor thing. I'd bake a pie or cookies, take them over & visit. Explain that you are sorry for her dilemna, but you have no control over the wind, and as far as you know, grass on the undercarriage will not harm her car.
She sounds like someone who needs a bit of TLC.
That would take a better person than I am! She left a 1/2 wolf dog in a small pen on that property for years.
The postal lady threw it bread sometimes and the owners filled up the food and water once a week! Saw the animal control officer over there once when I was outside and she said they were powerless because the dog had food and water and a dog house. Poor thing had fly bitten ears and runny eyes, etc. and used to get on top of his house and yowl his heart out for hours. Anyway after talking to me and the other neighbors (the animal control person) the dog was finally removed and I'm sure she thought it was us, back then, that complained. I would have taken in the poor thing except I had two of my own.

Sorry, I just can't be nice to people who treat animals that way.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM

I am glad I am not the only one who lives by a whacked neighbor!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 PM

Did not know about the poor dog story - that does indeed change the picture. If one cannot be nice to animals, they do not deserve the pie or cookies! Disregard my earlier post :)
Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM

Kitsie, I feel for you. We also have a neighbor whose yard looks like a garage sale threw up in it. When the county told her to clean it up, she started picking it up, and throwing it in other people's yards. She got a $600 ticket, and it has been crazy around here for the last two summers. I can't even sit in my yard without being verbally abused by this woman and her boys (who are 6 and 7)! Some people's children!

( I just thought of this...You could pay the back taxes, and take the property for your own. I am sure there is a legal way to do this. Call your county clerk. or attorney for info.)
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by belmer
I think I would just march right over to that messy place and tell her straight up that YOU and your family were NOT the ones who called about her property.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. All you do is and waste your time, and annoy the pig.