Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Good Customer Service...  hard to find but it 's still there >

Good Customer Service... hard to find but it 's still there

Good Customer Service... hard to find but it 's still there

Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM

Just wanted to brag on a store in Florida that I've done business with in the past. In December I purchased a Brother machine from The Sewing Center in Ft. Walton Beach from a man named Bob, the owner. Well, I also brought a case for it, which wasn't in stock at the time. It has been a battle on His part to get the cases from his supplier BUT he has kept in touch with me (in Missouri) on the progress of this situation. Today he called to tell me that they are coming in this week, OUTStanding customer service as far as I'm concerned. My being out of state he could have blown me off, but he still keeps in touch.
In case you are wondering, I will be getting the case delivered to me by a friend when they visit.
But, Ladies/Gentlemen, if you are in Ft. Walton near the
Fort Walton Beach Hospital . PLease go in The Sewing Center on 913 North Beal Parkway, just off Raceway/Mary Easter Rd. It is a small shop with very nice fabric and a nice owner too!!
In this day and age, we need to tell about the Good Places!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM

It is refreshing to find some one who cares about their customers. Sadly, I had a run in with a large international company recently. One of their appliances did a lot of serious damage in my kitchen. It took a lot of time, lots of phone calls and a huge amount of stress before they assisted. I certiainly won't buy from them again!

So, we have to stand up and be counted and use those shops that give us good service.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

I bought my embroidery machine from there. i was pleased with the transaction.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM

You are right. The Sewing Center Around is a very nice shop. I have bought fabric there a few times. They have a monthly special. They select a color and make it 25% off the purchase price. Any fabric that has even just a tiny bit of the chosen color qualifies for the discount. I didn't know the owner is a man because there are always ladies there when I shop for fabric. They are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the shop, too. They also have many fabrics for $5.00 a yard. Thanks for mentioning it so I can agree. :)
Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

Just gotta love and appreciate the Mom & Pop shops that are still with us today. Customer service is what brings the customer back...and keeps the business going. It's nice to know Bob knows what it takes!
Thanks for sharing!