Got laid off today...

Old 09-28-2010, 07:52 PM

Understand your uncertainities, been there, too. Keep the faith.

Blessings, Ruth
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 PM

It is a diff. time for many all over right now. Just have faith and pray that something wonderful will come along soon. My DH lost his job 2 yrs ago and it all worked out. Our DS was unemployed this year for 5 mos. but recently landed another job. Be patient. And enjoy your vacation.

{{{{{Huge Hugs}}}}}
Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 PM

I am not going through what you are, but will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you job hunt will be a short one.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Oh yeah! Been unemployed since Dec of '08. Yep, you read that right. I had 7 employees and myself who's positions were terminated. Two of us lost our retirements and our helathcare, one was transferred to the sheriffs dept., another found work doing a totally different position, and teh rest remain unemployed. I went back to school where I have been for four semesters. Because I had two open Workmen Comp cases from injuries I sustained, I was not able to and still can't collect unemployment. My DH is retired and we barely can make ends meet and live pretty meagerly. Enjoy your vacation. You can take care of things when you get back.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM

Oh yeah! Been unemployed since Dec of '08. Yep, you read that right. I had 7 employees and myself who's positions were terminated. Two of us lost our retirements and our helath care, one was transferred to the sheriffs dept., another found work doing a totally different position, and the rest remain unemployed. I went back to school where I have been for four semesters. Because I had two open Workmen Comp cases from injuries I sustained, I was not able to and still can't collect unemployment so no income at all coming in for me. My DH is retired and we barely can make ends meet and live pretty meagerly. Enjoy your vacation. You can take care of things when you get back.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 AM

I'm so sorry you got laid off. Hopefully you will find something else quickly. But for now just try to regroup and focus on the possitives. It will work out..it always does!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 AM

When one door closes, God opens another.

I've also been laid off do to down sizing and I now love my current job even more that the one I thought was perfect!
Just enjoy your vacation and dance like no one is watching!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 AM

I was with a company for 11 years, my last day was April 1st. I have yet to find another job, and it is really tough right now.I am either on interviews, or filling out job applications, and because Im in my mid 40's, that does not make things any easier. Good luck in your search, and enjoy your vaction! I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:09 AM

When a door is shut God will open a window. Keep the faith and have a wonderful vacation. :P
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 AM

It seems so overwhelming when things like this happen. I've been there too. I found a job quickly (never thought that would happen!) and the people I work with are fantastic. I have been there for nearly 12 years now, and my only regret was that I didn't start working for them years earlier!

Sometimes these things can work out for the better.... hopefully after your vacation you are refreshed and ready to show employers what an asset you can be to them!