Gotta lose weight (again)

Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 AM

I gained 45+ lbs when I was taking Chemo because of the steroids that I had to take. It took me 18 months to even start being able to cut back. (steroids give you an appetite like a lumberjack) Right after Christmas, I started on Weight Watchers that had been the only plan that ever worked for me and I've lost 23 pounds so far. It's harder sometimes when we go out to eat, but you can do it. Keeping a food journal is a key element in success. Plus lots of water. Good luck. You can do it, just keep on trying.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Toni-in-Texas
I gained 45+ lbs when I was taking Chemo because of the steroids that I had to take. It took me 18 months to even start being able to cut back. (steroids give you an appetite like a lumberjack) Right after Christmas, I started on Weight Watchers that had been the only plan that ever worked for me and I've lost 23 pounds so far. It's harder sometimes when we go out to eat, but you can do it. Keeping a food journal is a key element in success. Plus lots of water. Good luck. You can do it, just keep on trying.
Yes a food journal helped me before. Losing weight is just so boring! :)
Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 AM

We eat mostly what we grow. Still an unprocessed food will jump on my plate. My biggest down fall is eating at night. I'll start snacking about an hour after dinner and I'm not even hungry. Trying very hard to break that bad habit. Can't get in my summer clothes so no more snacking. :roll:
Old 04-16-2011, 08:28 AM

I started Weight Watchers 38 yrs. ago when I weighed 159 lbs. I lost 29 lbs in 4 months and have kept it off for all these years. I still go once a month to weigh in to keep me on track. I think WW is the best diet around, it was for me anyway.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by luce321
I started Weight Watchers 38 yrs. ago when I weighed 159 lbs. I lost 29 lbs in 4 months and have kept it off for all these years. I still go once a month to weigh in to keep me on track. I think WW is the best diet around, it was for me anyway.
My mom lost alot of weight with WW too. I'm going to join online soon. I live to far to go into a place. I broke my knee and have been on crutches since Jan 30th. I think I have 2 or 3 more weeks to go. Needless to say being so inactive I put on a few pounds. Not good for my leg. I was to heavy to begin with. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 AM

Like your 301...have been looking for 1 at a reasonable price.
I started WW on Jan 2nd..the new points plus plan lets you eat anything you want, just count points. I also am over 60 and would lose and regain the same 10 lbs..have lost 20 lbs and am finding it easier to be satisfied.
Exercise helps too..you might want to go to a meeting or try it for free online.
Good luck
Dottie
Old 04-16-2011, 08:54 AM

Years ago I joined WW and lost 42 lbs. Over time, I gained it all back and some more to boot. WW is a great program but if you don't stick to the maintenace plan, you will slowly gain it back. I tried the online program, didn't work for me. I weighed this morning and have lost a total of 12 lbs. in about a month using my own program. I'm sticking to no more than 1200 cal. a day and most days I don't even reach that. 300 cal. per meal, with 300 cal. for snacks in between if I need it. So far its working for me. I do keep a food journal which helps in keeping track of the daily calories. Losing is not easy, but can be done with a lot of will power. Exercise some every day also helps.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:16 AM

I too have fought weight a long time...try to eat only non-processed foods, but dinner out is a killer...you don't know if MSG, or other bad stuff has been added...I recently started water aerobics...and I have always hated exercising...but I am in love with water aerobics...I now exercise in the water 2-3 hours a day...five days a week...haven't lost weight yet...but am definitely getting toning back in my legs...and I am 60 this year!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 AM

My hubby is suffering from obiesity, and has lost 76 lbs. since Nov. just by counting calories and protiens; and watching sugar intake. I have learned alot about how fattening and non nutritional alot of foods are since helping him. As our metabolism slows down, we are supposed to lower our total calorie intake per day and try to make sure we get a little exercise every day. Not always easy, and I myself have recently been told I need to lose between 15 - 20 lbs. by my doc. Good luck and hope this information helps. Bought him the Biggest Loser calorie guide and it is very helpful for him or anyone.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Lots of good weight loss tips on this site.