Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Grab your coffee, let chat. I have stuff to tell >

Grab your coffee, let chat. I have stuff to tell

Grab your coffee, let chat. I have stuff to tell

Old 10-02-2011, 01:18 PM

The squirrels kept bitting the leaves off mine untill they died never could figure out why they would do it
Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Ok, here is the Star Pillow and one of my dolls will just love it. I would make a few adjustments on another one. I would sew a dart in the middle of the outside diamonds that form the legs as they tend to bend and no matter how you stuff it's not going to stay smoothe and it was a bugger to stuff. I finished stuffing at 5.30 so I will figure out from my last post how long it took.

It measures 12.5 across and I would make it smaller also. I would also do some strada blocks out of my scraps and cut the diamonds out of that for the next chair. It took a bag and a half of stuffing.

I will have fun beading it. I will bead at where I said I would make a dart on all six legs and put those in as I bead to make the dart and it won't show. I will strenghten all the stress points with beads also.

It took 2 hours to stuff and probably two to make so that's 4 hours in all and then to bead, hmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265374.jpe   attachment-265375.jpe   attachment-265376.jpe  
Old 10-02-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I used to make those necklaces with lame ribbon and beads. I thought they were beautiful, but I had a flea market booth at the time and they didn't sell very well at all.... > Never could figure it out because I always got so many compliments when I'd wear one!
I made mine with fabric cut on the bias, beads and marbles. Mine didn't sell either even with lots of compliments.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:19 PM

That pillow is really nice. But 2 hours to stuff???? Wow! Good job! I may have to try one of those.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I used to make those necklaces with lame ribbon and beads. I thought they were beautiful, but I had a flea market booth at the time and they didn't sell very well at all.... > Never could figure it out because I always got so many compliments when I'd wear one!
I made mine with fabric cut on the bias, beads and marbles. Mine didn't sell either even with lots of compliments.
Mine are made with marbles too. Some people thought they were too heavy. But, in reality, once you've worn it a minute or two, you don't even notice. Maybe it's something people think would be easy enough to do themselves.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

Hi Rosy, I always enjoy your posts. They are clever, witty, and interesting!!
:D:D
Old 10-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi Rosy, I always enjoy your posts. They are clever, witty, and interesting!!
:D:D
Thank you Margaret, how sweet. I am glad you enjoy them.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 AM

so thanks for the how to make fabric jewelry! how awesome1
Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 AM

What goes around comes around. We made these many years ago using bandana fabric. Loved making them. You did a great job on them.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 AM

I am 72 now, but still remember a phrase of a poem we had in school, I think it was by Longfellow: "what is life if full of care and we have no time to stand and stare........?"