Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Grannof6 and her gingerbread party >

Grannof6 and her gingerbread party

Grannof6 and her gingerbread party

Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 PM

This looks like wonderful fun and obviously the young people think so as well. What great memories you are creating together. Thank you for sharing this joy.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM

What a fun time I did this last year with my granddaughter. What memories!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Grann, This looks like soooo much fun...I can't wait till I have some grands so I can have this kind of fun, too!

Glad all your work was appreciated by the kids.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:08 PM

WOW! Such creative, lovely kids! Very talented. You must have the patience of a saint!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Grann, This looks like soooo much fun...I can't wait till I have some grands so I can have this kind of fun, too!

Glad all your work was appreciated by the kids.
Thanks, it was a lot of fun. And seeing how much the kids enjoy each other's company with no fighting or arguing, just makes it all worth while. I am worn out tonight, but it is a good worn out. And my DIL who has been such a pain even apologized for her rudeness at DS's BD party when she expressed such nastiness for my gifts of non-gifting. She says now that what I did was very generous and she wishes she could be that generous. I tried so hard to be diplomatic so as not to say anything she would misconstrue. But I said that our whole family was so lucky to have our health and jobs, heat in our homes, etc. And that I felt that I should gift those in need rather than my family who has been blessed with much. She had to agree, and I actually think I saw a tiny tear in the corner of her eye. The Gkids all agreed it was the right thing to do for all those poor people who lost their homes to floods, etc. DIL says she will make more of an effort to bring the girls over more often. I invited them over for a day of sewing during Christmas vacation. She thought that was a good idea; don't know that it will happen. She is so unpredictable.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
WOW! Such creative, lovely kids! Very talented. You must have the patience of a saint!
Susie, my daughter says I was always patient. I am not so sure, but I remember what wonderful times I had with my grandmothers, and my kids never got to know their grandmothers, so I feel that as long as I can do it I will. Memories can't be taken away. And if that is all I leave them is memories, then I will have completed my goal in life. Life is just too short to leave this earth with regrets. And if I can get hugs from semi-adult BOYS I am happy. And BTW, the "fake" DGD says she loves being called the "fake" DGD. And her mother brought me the bestest Raffaello Almond Coconut candies. She remembered that I can't eat chocolate and that I love coconut.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:25 PM

oh! that looks like so much fun!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Looks like a blast, I wish I was there!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM

SO FUN!!!!! We did that for our daughter and her friends and some cousins for several years - unfortunately we stopped a couple years ago (can't even remember why). Your photos are inspiring me to renew the tradition next year!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:14 PM

wow, that looks like a day (and however long beforehand, prepping) full of fun and joy! good work! I used to celebrate my birthday by letting my DD invite three or four friends over for a gingerbread party. You are making me miss those days.