Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Book I Just Finished Reading

I just read "The Kitchen House" - a wonderful book.

I picked up The Kitchen House at the library, based on your recommendation. It is a wonderful read so far.

Thank you!
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Blog Entries
    thank you. i just put a hold on one at my local library.
    and yes, i've read all of Gabaldon's books i think. Loved them.

I haven't read these books but did read Cane River by Lalita Tademy. She wrote it as a novel combining information she found in researching her family tree with other components of life at the historic time it took place. It too was a good read.

Thanks! It was my turn to buy a book for my Kindle friends to share. This will be a good one. We have a shared Kindle account and every month or so each one buys a new listing to share. We don't add the free books, mostly the best sellers or books with high ratings from fellow readers. The book can only be read by one person at a time so if I buy it I read it then put it on the account to share. The next person who wants to read it will and then put it back in the cloud to share and so forth. It works great as there are always new books on the account to choose from.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
    I picked up The Kitchen House at the library, based on your recommendation. It is a wonderful read so far.

Thank you!
    Looking forward to this book. Just finished "The Invention of Wings" this afternoon - very interesting book - easy read.- hard to imagine the cruelty that existed in the 1800's Southern States. I will begin the "The Kitchen House" next... I appreciate the recommadations here.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Blog Entries
    Love to read : The other Wes Moore by Wes Moore true story of 2 kids same name raised in same area one ends up Rhodes Scholar other in prison for life Girls Like Us by Rachel Lloyd true life of how girls end up in sex trafficking Princess by Jean Sessions life of a price in Saudi Arabia Who have great money but no freedom and Bernard Cornell American History The Rebel ; The Fote etc I have a kindle.

I love reading happy books with nice characters in them. Why waste time reading depressing books? You're suggestions sound very nice. Thank you. Brett
    When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, its not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Bella Swan, Twilight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2