Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greek Yogurt!

Greek Yogurt!

Oh man I love this stuff.

To me it doesn't even taste like yogurt. Yoplait is my favorite but Chobani is a close second.

I put it in a bowl, throw a handful of granola and mix it up...........yummy!!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Have to agree, it's really rich - we get Chobani here...the one with mango in it is my hot favourite, though the passionfruit is a close second. Fig season here, I picked about 2 kilos from our tree yesterday....sliced figs, drizzle of honey and big dollops of greek yoghurt.....delicious.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I tried some the other day Zoi with fresh bluberries. I was impressed may have to buy some for my own house
    ​Christine

I use plain nonfat Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream in some recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    That is what I was wondering. I have used plain yogurt before, but it always gave the dish a weird taste. I am going to try the Greek kind next time I make my artichoke and spinach dip.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
    Have to agree, it's really rich - we get Chobani here...the one with mango in it is my hot favourite, though the passionfruit is a close second. Fig season here, I picked about 2 kilos from our tree yesterday....sliced figs, drizzle of honey and big dollops of greek yoghurt.....delicious.
    I can't eat mango, I am allergic to it. Makes my lips and tongue swell up and I break out in hives.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    i too love greek yoghurt but with raspberries and a dash of maple syrup..yuuuummm
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

Too funny! I just had Fage plain Greek yoghurt with granola for breakfast Fage is my favorite Greek yoghurt because it is so thick and rich. Choibani is a close second...

Try Cabot peach flavor greek yogurt if you can find it - yum!

Sounds really goood!!!!

Blog Entries
    Greek yogurt will do in a pinch,but my fave is an Australian yogurt called Noosa. The strawberry rhubarb is yummy!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

I am stocking up on Greek yogurt today. Well two days worth...lol

We are doing major grocery shopping on Weds. after our COAG appts.

I prefer the Noosa too - and both are fabulous with coolwhip on them ;o)
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I absolutely LOVE Fage o% plain. Tastes like sour cream and I can add whatever I like. Serious yum.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

I just read that Greek Yogurt has 5X more protein than regular yogurt! It is the only one my husband will eat and he loves the black cherry one. So do I!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    I just read that Greek Yogurt has 5X more protein than regular yogurt! It is the only one my husband will eat and he loves the black cherry one. So do I!
    Greek Yogurt does have the higher protein and lower sugar IF ou buy the plain yogurt. Buying the ones with added fruit cancels out the lower sugar.

I have been on Nutrisystem for over 3 years. Greek yogurt is a staple on the plan. Plain. Greek Yogurt was an acquired taste for me. I always add cinnamon for flavor. Read the ingredient labels to compare sugar a and protein grams. 12 grams of protein r more is ideal. Add fresh fruit vs. the sugary mix the mfg. adds if you are watching sugar intake.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

We love the Chobani brand too.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I make my own and we eat it lots of different ways. I use it in some things instead of sour cream. Mine comes out really thick like cream cheese, so have used it in frosting recipes instead of cream cheese. Yummmm

Blog Entries
    Sewnbug I make my own Greek yogurt too. Greek yogurt means the yogurt is thicker and creamier, just like homemade yogurt has always been. It's simple and I can make a quart for less then the cost of one single serve container. I started making it when my youngest had to eat yogurt every day for her stomach. No probiotics easy to find OTC then. I make my own cream cheese from the yogurt. It's creamy and so delicious. Nothing like the block you find in the store.
    Got fabric?

Fage band is the only one I buy. And only plain. Tried all the others! Wonderful plain, substitute sour cream, with fruit or honey and granola. Yummy. O% edible, 2% wonderful, regular is almost sinful!

Blog Entries
    I have just discovered it! It is so creamy, it's almost like cream cheese! Love it!

Chobani is made just a few miles over the hill from me. They bought up the old Breyers factory and literally turned it into a city of sorts. You drive over some country roads, crest the top of the hill and think you're looking down on Emerald City! They thankfully are providing many jobs in our economically depressed county. They give back in many ways so it's all good.

Blog Entries
    I love Oikos Black Cherry best. But also like the Latte. I tried Chobani, but did not care for it.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

My favourite yogurt is Liberte Mediterranee yogurt. It comes in peach passionfruit, orange mango, black cherry, strawberry, mocha, lemon, black raspberry, pineapple and coconut. Sometimes we mix the pineapple with the coconut which makes Pina Colada. It is so good...
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    I do that, too. I also find it works really well on baked potatoes. And my dog likes it so I usually give him a dollop on his kibble as a treat.
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast