Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Grown Up/Adult coloring books?

I found one with quilts in it. Is wonderful fun - who knows, I might even try making them. LOL
    Fabaddict

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    Seems these are soo hot right now! Was wondering if my 90 yr old Mom could do these. She has dementhia, does embroidery (which I have to find a pattern & transfer to white fabric & give her 1 color to work with). She doesn't read anymore & does some word search...
    I've read these are very good for dementia patients. She might really enjoy these.
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Quote Originally Posted by Fabaddict View Post
    I found one with quilts in it. Is wonderful fun - who knows, I might even try making them. LOL
    Can you tell us the source and maker so we can try to find the quilt one too? It has to be great!!! Hugs and smilessssss
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I think they have some on pintrest for adults.

What is the best to color with? I bought books and colored pencils for 3 on my gift list and one set for me. Mine are self stick mandalas and I want to use them to decorate a room. I bought a box of 24 pencils and tried a little area. The pencils seemed to work okay, but I wondered if there was something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
    What is the best to color with? I bought books and colored pencils for 3 on my gift list and one set for me. Mine are self stick mandalas and I want to use them to decorate a room. I bought a box of 24 pencils and tried a little area. The pencils seemed to work okay, but I wondered if there was something better.
    Speaking only for myself. I enjoy gel pens and glitter gel pens with my adult coloring books
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
    On the sad side, if we don't have a care, coloring can turn into one more stash that doesn't get used...
    Personally I wish we could get something like a 'buck a book' with maybe a dozen images in them. The big books (which are still 10-12 dollars) just seems like way to many of the same theme things.

I had some fine sharpies and gel pens left from when I used to make greeting cards, and use those along with my
    original box of 48 faber castell.

And I'm not going to spend another penny I've seen many different types of colors/pencils/watercolor/chalk etc listed here and there, but I'm NO artist! So will save my $$ for things i need. Just my two cents

Wildyard - I absolutely love your zentangle.

My mom is a painter but has Parkinson's so that hobby is getting difficult. I think these color books will give her the creative outlet. Another Christmas gift off the list😊

TY colorado sky! I keep Tangle stuff around me all the time. They are invaluable to me with my fibromyalgia, neck injury and arthritic joints/back. I am able to take many fewer narcotic based medications since learning to use the zentangle/doodle to help me. I keep a small notebook in my purse for waiting in offices, etc.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Yes....yes....yes! I love these books. How relaxing.....and calming! I found mine at BJs and just picked one up for the heck of it and it has been great. I try to spend a little time daily at my desk with my book! It has gotten to be a daily ritual now.....Are you enjoying yours? My adult kids snicker a bit when I say I have to go color - little do they know how much fun it is. And there is no teacher around to say "stay within the lines".

several mentioned color books based on quilts.
    This was on Joan Ford's blog today
    http://scrap-therapy-quilts.blogspot...nute-lulu.html

If you have EQ you can make your own coloring quilt book.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Totally obsessed with coloring books! But, I find myself being attracted to the really odd ones! There's a Benedict Cumberbatch coloring book that I've been totally obsessed with lately!

Blog Entries
    wildyard, you do amazing work!!!!!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Thank you lynnie!
    Linda Wedge White

Yes yes yes! I love to color and would color in regular coloring books before the adult coloring book craze caught on. Now I have so many adult coloring books I don't know what to do with them! I have a nice variety, that's for sure!
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

I love coloring. I have the Joanna Basford books, Enchanted Forest and Secret Garden. After some research I use Prisma pencils. It is fun to do when watching TV. I have found it to be a bonding activity when my husband and sons are watching football and my daughters-in-law (who have no interest in the game) sit in the kitchen with me and color. It is becoming a bit addicting like quilting in a way. I always want more colors in my pencil collection. I have many shades of each color. We have an art supply store nearby who sells pencils individually. I now bought a special case to keep the pencils in because they are so expensive and are not supposed to drop on the floor. I have quality pencil sharpeners and a little light next to my couch. And a lap table! I love experimenting with colors and I think it helps with choosing colors in my quilts. Color on!! It IS stress reducing. And I do not think it takes time from my quilting. I do it when I would normally be watching TV or as I said, when the girls are around and I can't quilt.Try it.. It also fosters conversation. It is easy to carry when traveling. I often bring it to the nursing home when I go visit my mom and plan to stay for awhile.

I have always loved to color...and since I'm not really a TV watcher (except for Game of Thrones, Survivor, Amazing Race....ok ok I do watch some TV) when I'm sitting with Hubby, who DOES watch TV, I am usually sewing on binding or playing on my tablet but now....my tablet competes with my coloring books!! JoAnn has lots and let my store lets you use coupons on them, where Michael's doesn't. And I just got a new Connecting Threads catalog and they have Quilt Designs coloring books in it!!! Walmart's book sare cheaper but also smaller in ssize, at least at my store.
    And yes, they are addicting...everyone have fun with these!!

I see so many say it is calming, yet I feel the opposite. I become very tense and agitated.
    I find the designs to be too "jumbled" and busy. Same with Zentangles.
    The work shown here is very beautiful, I am glad you enjoy this art form.

Quote Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
    I see so many say it is calming, yet I feel the opposite. I become very tense and agitated.
    I find the designs to be too "jumbled" and busy. Same with Zentangles.
    The work shown here is very beautiful, I am glad you enjoy this art form.
    interesting which just goes to show that nothing suits everybody! I can't relax doing yoga. It agitates me. Go figure. So I do understand.
    Alyce

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3