Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Grown Up/Adult coloring books? >

Grown Up/Adult coloring books?

Grown Up/Adult coloring books?

Old 12-16-2015, 10:35 PM

Yes....yes....yes! I love these books. How relaxing.....and calming! I found mine at BJs and just picked one up for the heck of it and it has been great. I try to spend a little time daily at my desk with my book! It has gotten to be a daily ritual now.....Are you enjoying yours? My adult kids snicker a bit when I say I have to go color - little do they know how much fun it is. And there is no teacher around to say "stay within the lines".
Old 12-17-2015, 07:42 AM

several mentioned color books based on quilts.
This was on Joan Ford's blog today
http://scrap-therapy-quilts.blogspot...nute-lulu.html
Old 12-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

If you have EQ you can make your own coloring quilt book.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:06 PM

Totally obsessed with coloring books! But, I find myself being attracted to the really odd ones! There's a Benedict Cumberbatch coloring book that I've been totally obsessed with lately!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

wildyard, you do amazing work!!!!!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Thank you lynnie!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Yes yes yes! I love to color and would color in regular coloring books before the adult coloring book craze caught on. Now I have so many adult coloring books I don't know what to do with them! I have a nice variety, that's for sure!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 PM

I love coloring. I have the Joanna Basford books, Enchanted Forest and Secret Garden. After some research I use Prisma pencils. It is fun to do when watching TV. I have found it to be a bonding activity when my husband and sons are watching football and my daughters-in-law (who have no interest in the game) sit in the kitchen with me and color. It is becoming a bit addicting like quilting in a way. I always want more colors in my pencil collection. I have many shades of each color. We have an art supply store nearby who sells pencils individually. I now bought a special case to keep the pencils in because they are so expensive and are not supposed to drop on the floor. I have quality pencil sharpeners and a little light next to my couch. And a lap table! I love experimenting with colors and I think it helps with choosing colors in my quilts. Color on!! It IS stress reducing. And I do not think it takes time from my quilting. I do it when I would normally be watching TV or as I said, when the girls are around and I can't quilt.Try it.. It also fosters conversation. It is easy to carry when traveling. I often bring it to the nursing home when I go visit my mom and plan to stay for awhile.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:33 AM

I have always loved to color...and since I'm not really a TV watcher (except for Game of Thrones, Survivor, Amazing Race....ok ok I do watch some TV) when I'm sitting with Hubby, who DOES watch TV, I am usually sewing on binding or playing on my tablet but now....my tablet competes with my coloring books!! JoAnn has lots and let my store lets you use coupons on them, where Michael's doesn't. And I just got a new Connecting Threads catalog and they have Quilt Designs coloring books in it!!! Walmart's book sare cheaper but also smaller in ssize, at least at my store.
And yes, they are addicting...everyone have fun with these!!
Old 01-15-2016, 05:22 AM

I see so many say it is calming, yet I feel the opposite. I become very tense and agitated.
I find the designs to be too "jumbled" and busy. Same with Zentangles.
The work shown here is very beautiful, I am glad you enjoy this art form.