Guess I'm getting old!

Old 10-31-2018, 08:46 PM

I love "paying it forward" in drive through lines. The last time was a couple days ago and the gal at DQ messed up my order, which she had to fix, which in turn held up the line......wasn't a huge amount, but hopefully it made her waiting for the "fix" more enjoyable!
Old 11-01-2018, 03:04 AM

A couple of years ago I joined a gym, hired a personal trainer, and committed to going 2 times per week minimum. I had reached the point of being so 'weak" I could not put on my pants without leaning against something, could not open a lot of food packages or other packages either, was loosing my balance, no muscles at all, etc. Present day. Have to buy 50 lbs of chicken feed about once a month and to get it from the car to the house required numerous trips with a bucket to transport that 50lbs. Laughingly told my trainer that when I could carry that 50 lb bag on my shoulder like the boys at the feed store did, he and I were done. I achieved that goal in July and so proud of myself that I couldn't stop bragging. A few times after when I went to the feed store, someone always offered to help me, but I liked to tell them thank you so much, but I have worked hard at the gym to be able to lift this myself. And I proceed to do so. Moral of this story.....I am going to back off and let anyone who wants to to help me, do so. They seem so glad to do it and I felt like I was robbing them of the opportunity of doing a good deed. I know how I feel when I gladly help someone! I will be 70 in a couple of weeks and look it....grey hair and all. Just knowing I can lift and carry that 50 lbs by myself is enough. I plan to graciously accept any help anyone wants to give me and I will just pay it forward. All discounts are welcome as well whether they ask or not.....just adds to my quilting funds.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:39 AM

I remember going to the gas station and the young man calling me "Ma'am" and I thought that is it I am over the hill. Guess how old I was. I was 28 and looked good.