Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hand Stitched Felt Christmas Tree Decorations

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxmag View Post
    Betty J., I love them all, what a wonderful job you did on them, without patterns to boot!!!!! I love Cardinals but if I had to choose one ornament it would be the red bells, are those buttons along the edges?
    No, they are not buttons. They are a little gold jewellery kind of flower bead that I attached with a small gold bead. I think stitching on tiny gold beads to form a flower would be effective as well.

BJ, thanks for your reply, will try making a pattern for the bells, wish me luck.

I love all of the extrra details you added with embroidery and buttons. Great projects for your group.

pal
    To those of you who need a little help with the drawing - try tracing cookie cutters on to freezer paper. Then iron the freezer paper onto your felt & cut out! After that, you're on your own!
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

Blog Entries
    Pretty ornaments.

Lace & Button Wreath

I think I have the bug for hand stitched ornaments at present. Today I made this Lace & Button Ornament. A great way to use up those horded up buttons in your button stash. I made a wreath template using a 4 inch and 1 1/2 circle template, I hand blanket stitched around the centre, stitched the gold cord to the inside top centre and then blanket stitched around the outer edge, stuffing not too firmly with poly fill as I went. I joined and gathered a
    2 inch x 18 1/2 inch piece of lace to fit just larger than the centre of the wreath, I slipped stitched the lace into place and then added the buttons and a ribbon bow trim with the hot glue gun. I stitched through the button holes before gluing them on so as to give them a stitched on effect. I can see possibilities of making a heart ornament in a similar manner. While I am addicted to machine sewing I love the relaxation hand stitching gives you. Now to do the necessary chores............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    Those are so cute...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2