Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy mothering day to all mums

Blog Entries

Happy mothering day to all mums

Happy Mothering Sunday to all mums everywhere.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Love the term "mothering"! So that it includes all the people who care for the children! Enjoy!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Power Poster
    Thankyou! I am getting lots of mothering from my spouse as I have been sick with the flu.

Blog Entries
    The term mothering is the church title for commercial Mother's Day. It was the Sunday servants were allowed home to visit their mother.and it is the day all churches in a parish have one big service ie all going to main or mother church.

over in UK flowers chocolate and meals out cost a fortune this day.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    Love the term "mothering"! So that it includes all the people who care for the children! Enjoy!
    I still get mothers day cards from some of my day care children who are now in the 30s!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I have gotten more mothering this past 10 weeks than since I was born, I feel 01-26-2015 fractured my right shoulder in 3 sections and had a break just above the elbow. Thank God for a loving daughter that could come an take over my care. Husband was/is grateful for her also. on the bend starting to pace around my sewing m machine wishing for the ability to sew again.
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEOLDME View Post
    I have gotten more mothering this past 10 weeks than since I was born, I feel 01-26-2015 fractured my right shoulder in 3 sections and had a break just above the elbow. Thank God for a loving daughter that could come an take over my care. Husband was/is grateful for her also. on the bend starting to pace around my sewing m machine wishing for the ability to sew again.
    So sorry! It made me ache all over just to read what you have been through! Take care!
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Ugh!! You poor thing! Bad enough for the fractures but thank goodness you didn't break the elbow!
    Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEOLDME View Post

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the explanation, Dottymo! Really wish the USA would adopt Boxing Day, though!

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    The term mothering is the church title for commercial Mother's Day. It was the Sunday servants were allowed home to visit their mother.and it is the day all churches in a parish have one big service ie all going to main or mother church.

over in UK flowers chocolate and meals out cost a fortune this day.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie