Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone else been watching that Craft Wars show? >

Has anyone else been watching that Craft Wars show?

Has anyone else been watching that Craft Wars show?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
I was so excited to learn that this show was coming on the air... finally a show about crafters! Something with so much promise. I was looking forward to seeing the crafters/artists given a bunch of supplies and using them in unusual ways, making (hopefully) beautiful things.

Well, I've watched for three episodes now, and I'm giving up. The challenges are SO stupid. The stuff they are making is beyond horrid and ugly. The judges are so over-the-top and their comments are so scripted (it's obvious to me that somebody is actually behind the scenes writing the lines they are saying in their critiques, which are supposedly off-the-cuff). They blast the crafters for using glue guns and glitter ... then in the next challenge, they ask why they did not use glue guns and glitter! Are you kidding me?!

Like I said, this show could have been GREAT and I'm very disappointed in how it's being handled. Just my humble opinion, of course!
I feel the same as you. AS far as it goes for me, I feel they had a great idea!! BUT I think some one who doesn't know any thing about crafts and how things really work and why we do what we do - is pulling ALL of the strings!!!! I love it when someone who doesn't quilt - tells me how to do it, or goes off on why JCP's or Kmart, etc has it for less money. The show SUCKS!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:00 AM

I watched one, quick zipped through the next one, took it off my TVo list.

First of all, it isn't a race to do crafts, it should be enjoyable and unique. This show is a bust. You don't learn any new techniques, what is the point?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 AM

I miss the quilt shows too! If they want to make this show work, they should read all our comments, then redo the entire idea. Have the crafters make something out of just a few things, and don't make it a stupid race. Let the crafters decide what to make then if the viewers like the result, have kits available at Michaels or wherever that we can get to make the item. In other words, give them a picture frame and a bag of stuff, have them make something. Or give them a grab bag. It isn't a race when we create, and who needs the junk they come up with?

It isn't creative, it isn't unique and the show is joke.
Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
I was excited too that there finally was a show for crafters but after viewing a little, off it went. I agree with everyone! It was kind of stupid. The results were horrible. True crafters (like us) would never create such monsters. Didn't like it at all. I miss the quilting shows that used to be on tv (the Carol Duvall Show & others), a real craft show. All I get now (Sat am) is Sewing with Nancy & 1 more.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM

I watched the first show and thought it was horrid to. This will be one craft show I won't be wasting time on.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM

i watched one episode, i think it would be better with a different host. tori spelling doesn't look like the crafting type. i haven't watched it since. i like a craft show that inspires me to make something. i don't want to watch people make something out of random objects.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM

I hoped to learn something by watching it, but I sure didn't see anything I'd want to emulate!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM

I also thought it would be a great show - and didn't finish the first one.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 PM

If it's this or the kardashians, I'll just go to bed. Snoooozzze!!

Somewhere down the line I hope my life will be more valuable, and lived better, than what is shown on t.v. Neither one reflects reality as I know it! And I am grateful!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:10 AM

Suebee hit the nail on the head......"cheesy" and "ridiculous."
Old 07-22-2012, 11:14 AM

I didn't care for it, either - kind of phony to me.