Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Has This Ever Happened at Your Home?

I have a theory that they run off and go dancing. Sometimes when I find them again I notice there are worn spots that I hadn't noticed before. Maybe they go off with the spoons that often disappear at our house. Who knows.

Years ago I read a Reader's Digest article about all the quirky, unexplainable things that happen in life. It talked about how wire coat hangers seem to multiply in the closet and get all tangled up. Then it discussed the missing socks in the dryer issue. It ended with the question, "Could socks be the larval form of wire coat hangers?"

I put mine in a mesh bag. The bags come in all different sizes. Use a small one for just one pair. A larger one for a weeks worth.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    They go into the "hozone"

I got tired of dealing with laundry issues! My kids are (mostly) grown, so now my husband and I have three laundry baskets plus a set of hanging drawers, and everything gets sorted. The baskets are for lights, darks and reds. We each have a hanging drawer for unmentionables and a separate one for socks. We wash our socks in their own loads, separate from any other articles of clothing, and that has eliminated the sock monster!

There was a story I saw, about lost socks, and the people took their dog to the vet and found that there were 35 socks in his belly, too funny!
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    get yourself a lingerie bag and put them into that to wash. That way they will "stay together".
    This is what I do -- don't loose socks this way.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    I buy multiple pairs that look the same....or you could do what the grandkids do, wear mix-matched socks on purpose
    HisPatchwork

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3