Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have any good family laughs for Christmas?

My grandkids are older now, but I remember well how the Wise Men in the Nativity Scene used to be accompanied by Power Rangers.

Blog Entries
    Cute stories! Our 2 dogs have their stockings and we usually get a rope chewie and rawhide chewies and they get so excited when the stockings come down and they get their chewies. They love to play with the wrapping paper. :-)

Lyn
    My son, son-in-law and daughter came home arguing about something, anyway when they walked in the kitchen sink backed up, had to get a plumber, and the dog killed a rat or mouse outside took the head off and dropped it in my husband's hands. I turned to him and he said as he was dropping the headless animal in the garbage,"Not sure if this is a Currier and Ives moment."

Blog Entries
    On Christmas morning, I went to put cat food in the cat's bowl and found that our oldest cat, Mozart, (3rd cat on the right on avatar) decided to leave a present for his siblings.

A play mouse toy he received on Christmas Eve
    Name:  Attachment-148376.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  4.3 KB

Some or all of you need to find an Al Anon meeting. She has a health issue. Not funny at all.

Blog Entries
    Well , it never fails .You guys crack me up. Kids and pets are great.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Great Stories! They made my laugh. My avatar, Chloe, kept jumping into my DSIL's lap on Christmas day and settling down for a quick nap. I keep telling her she is a Cat person, but she does no believe me.

My funny thing this Christmas: I told everyone all I wanted was a digital camera, nothing too fancy, because I did not have one. I keep using my Dad's to take to quilt shows, to take pictures to post on this site, etc. He kept telling my all this year: "You need to get your own camera!" I don't know why, I wasn't breaking his. Anyway, I did get a nice camera for Christmas. Now I have to learn how to use it! And I also have to make some quilts to take pictures of!

On Christmas Eve we were at our daughter's house. She and her husband had just got a new Wii and our great granddaughter (3) was showing us how she could play tennis. I looked at the controllers and there was one red and one black. I asked "why do you have a red and a black controller?" My son-in-law (all serious) said "Because they are two different colors." Every body (but him) laughed and laughed. We were still laughing the next day!!!

When my DH unwrapped one of his presents I said " don't get excited it isn't much," and when he opened the box it was empty. I was wrapping and had his present in a box and decided I didn't like the box it was in and got another box, but forgot to transfer the present. We got a big laugh and he isn't about to let me forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by ggoens
    Great stories! Kids as so funny! My youngest granddaughter (age 4) was a little upset with her Mom the other day. She stands nose to nose with her and puts her little hands on each side of her Moms face and with more than a little attitude; says to her " You go to your room and think about what you won't let me do!"
    That is so adorable and original out of a 4 yr old!

We had dinner at my sisters and she had the table all set with real china Christmas plates and silverware on a beautiful Christmasy red linen tablecloth. When we were all about finished eating she handed someone a Sharpie marker and said to sign the tablecloth, put the date, and pass it on. When it got to my dad who is 88 years old, he signed it "Paw ate here 2010." I'm glad he still has his sense of humor.

Blog Entries
    My husband has CP and is in a wheelchair, but every Christmas he dresses up as Santa (that's him in my avatar) for pictures with his great-nephews, ages 1 1/2 and 3. This year GN age 3 was watching a program about Santa living at the North Pole, and he turned to his grandmother and said,"My Santa lives in Beaumont, Texas!" DH must use the city special transport bus for travel. On Christmas Eve, the same GN was told by his mom that they should put out food for Santas reindeer. His response: "Santa doesn't have reindeer. He rides a bus.
    Of course, DH is tickled pink and telling everyone he knows about it.

I had a plate in one hand and a glass in the other, was going to sit down for Christmas dinner. I only had on my favorite pair of wool socks on my feet. My sock caught on the heat register cover, so I sort of got off balance and the metal thing was flung across the room. My SIL's dog was following me and fell into the heat vent. Luckily no one was hurt and I did not spill a drop! There was pandemonium for a few minutes, though. :D :D :D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for the great stories everyone! Happy New Year!!!

My DD was reading the quilt label on the quilt my DGS had made for her. I had let them type what they wanted to say on it.
    the 6 yo said" that's my wroting there" My DH got me a new sewing machine for Christmas and i was crying and saying"I can't believe you did this" my DGS who's 8 said" did Grandpa do something wrong?

Blog Entries
    Two past Christmas stories come to mind...
    1. My little niece was putting the hooks on tree ornaments and handing them to her grandpa...then he would hang them on the tree. After awhile she looks up and says "I'm a good hooker, aren't I grandpa!"
    2. When my daughter was little, she and the neighbor girl came bouncing happily into the kitchen and announced that they knew the 3 wisemen's names. When I asked what they were, I was told...Goldie, Frankenstein and Murray :O)

Well when I said to DS (age 4) that everyone would be coming over for Christmas. He said "No, God won't be there." I told him that God would be there we just cannot see him and again he said "No, God won't be there.....he would get snow on his costume!"

DH and I laughed till we cried! Guess he thinks that God wears a costume like everyone else in the Church Christmas prgram and I guess I need to be less anal rententive about them getting snow on their clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by luckylindy333
    I had a plate in one hand and a glass in the other, was going to sit down for Christmas dinner. I only had on my favorite pair of wool socks on my feet. My sock caught on the heat register cover, so I sort of got off balance and the metal thing was flung across the room. My SIL's dog was following me and fell into the heat vent. Luckily no one was hurt and I did not spill a drop! There was pandemonium for a few minutes, though. :D :D :D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
    Oh, this one made me chuckle out loud.

I made my DD the cutest reversible apron for Christmas. She was coming over to spend the day making cookies so I "put it in a safe spot" where she wouldn't see it. After she left, I searched for TWO days for the darn thing, but never found it. I looked EVERYWHERE. :hunf:

On Christmas day, I told her that I'd made it and she could have it IF it ever turned up again. I made her boyfriend a fleece throw and made him open it first, hoping that I'd stuck the apron in a fold and it would fall out. No such luck. One of her gifts was 2 new bed pillows in a huge gift bag. As she was packing her loot to head home, she pulled one of the pillows out and there it was. We all had a good laugh...on me.
    :oops:

Glad you found it Jo!

Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    Our funniest Christmas moment happened while wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve afyernoon. I was exhausted from last minute shopping and obligations, tired from no sleep the night before, just generally grumpy. My 13 y/o son is in the next room playing videogames and makes some comment about me being "Grinchy", so my DH pipes up with "I don't care too much for all this Grinch stuff but I sure wouldn't mind if she was a little Ho-Ho-Ho every once in a while!". I busted out laughing - my son was shocked and amused , and I think DH may have embarrassed himself just a tiny bit when he realized our 13 y/o got the joke. The outcome was great though because it sure did lighten the mood and we spent the rest of the afternoon joking around, having a great time! Merry Christmas!!
    at our house, when someone says "hohoHo" dh always says "where is she?" now all the kids do too...

dh always said the only thing he wants in his stocking is a leg,...youngest dd told that one to her male teacher... he said "yeah, me too!" she was so excited when she told us at dinner that dh wasn't the only man who wants legs in his stocking !

Quote Originally Posted by dljennings
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    Our funniest Christmas moment happened while wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve afyernoon. I was exhausted from last minute shopping and obligations, tired from no sleep the night before, just generally grumpy. My 13 y/o son is in the next room playing videogames and makes some comment about me being "Grinchy", so my DH pipes up with "I don't care too much for all this Grinch stuff but I sure wouldn't mind if she was a little Ho-Ho-Ho every once in a while!". I busted out laughing - my son was shocked and amused , and I think DH may have embarrassed himself just a tiny bit when he realized our 13 y/o got the joke. The outcome was great though because it sure did lighten the mood and we spent the rest of the afternoon joking around, having a great time! Merry Christmas!!
    at our house, when someone says "hohoHo" dh always says "where is she?" now all the kids do too...

dh always said the only thing he wants in his stocking is a leg,...youngest dd told that one to her male teacher... he said "yeah, me too!" she was so excited when she told us at dinner that dh wasn't the only man who wants legs in his stocking !
    i should have mentioned dd was in 1st or 2nd grade at the time...oops

This year my younger daughter was expecting a purse from her older sister. She'd been talking about that purse for over a month and was so excited for Christmas to finally arrive. Unknown to her, I had gotten her the purse instead. So, when we were opening presents, she reached for the large gift bag addressed from her sister. Smiling very widely, she looked into the bag, then said, "Ohhhh! Towels!" and started pulling out the kitchen towels she had also asked for. The disappointed look on her face was priceless, but she tried to make it sound like those were the best towels in the world. The rest of us were howling with laughter. When we could all breathe again, we let her open the package from me that had the purse in it. For the rest of the day, someone would look at her and say, "Ohhh, towels!" and then we'd all crack up again. That's one Christmas she won't live down for a long time.

It's so great to laugh with your family!

My funny story involves my 4 yo DGD.

Christmas eve Eiley didn't want to go to bed. My son was talking on the phone to his friend David. David called him back pretending to be Santa.

Well, Eiley DOES NOT like to talk on the phone!! But.....she grabbed the phone from daddy to talk to Santa for about 10 minutes! She did not recognize David's voice and really thought he was Santa and told her to go to bed that he was on his way.

She went to bed right away! :lol:

Banned
    We were sitting around and I told my parents the funny someone posted on here about the toddler with the tea set who was serving her doting grandpa 'tea' all afternoon while he was babysitting...and was getting the water from the toilet.
    Well my 19 month old grandaughter was sitting with us and when I came to the punchline she just started laughing this big belly laugh that went on for a full 3 minutes! It was like she got the joke completely! Anyway we all started laughing with her until we had tears in our eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2