Have to vent

Old 03-22-2011, 01:36 PM

ARE THEY CRAZY?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Wow...that is totally rediculous. I take zometta infusion once a month. Just for kicks my hubby checked what it would cost from Canada. 574.00 for the bag of fluid..I got a statement from our insurance company...4759.00 for the same bag. I have to take it for the rest of my life. I am so thankful for the great insurance we have..but lets get real.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Can't you just hear the drug companies? "We have good news and bad news. We've just developed a new drug to cure your condition but there's no way in hell you'll ever be able too afford it".
Old 03-24-2011, 04:38 PM

A lOT of drug companies will NOT supply certain countries with their drugs in order TO KEEP USA prices HIGH. I know this for a fact. Physer (sp!) refused to sell Lipitor to Canada to keep price high in US. I was using an email Canada pharmacy to get my Lipitor. They called me and asked if I minded if my Lipitor came from NEW ZEALAND???? I said heck NO as long as it is cheap and the correct med. I finally told my DR I would NOT take ANY drug from that company and she better find something else. SHe did! And guess what? for the first time in YEARS my cholesterol is below 190..... I think we all need to start asking questions to our DR.'s. Alot of theses prescriptions are the result of SALEWMEN leaving those FREE samples in their offices.....
Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 AM

I agree, the doctors need to change their practices. If you have high priced meds, go to Costco. They are the cheapest in the USA. The mark up on drugs is horrible.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

The Drs. knows how to write the prescription the way it's cheapest for the patients. Most Dr. sees you have insurance and don't think twice about writing the general prescription. I know my Dr. won't give the free samples to his patients that have good insurance even if they ask, and saves them for those that are struggling to pay for their meds.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Did you guys know that if you have NO insurance you actually pay MORE for the same treatment than folks with insurance? Seems to me it should be the other way around! INS companies negotiate with Dr office and will pay only certain amts. Drs know this and are happy to get what they get (which is waaaaay to much to start with... ) but everybody has to eat , right????
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
Did you guys know that if you have NO insurance you actually pay MORE for the same treatment than folks with insurance? Seems to me it should be the other way around! INS companies negotiate with Dr office and will pay only certain amts. Drs know this and are happy to get what they get (which is waaaaay to much to start with... ) but everybody has to eat , right????
Is it surprising? The whole thing is a big scam, just like Wall Street. The insurance companies should not be in the business of health care. Following their profits is like following the profits of the oil corporations.