Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever done anything completely shocking >

Have you ever done anything completely shocking

Have you ever done anything completely shocking

Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM

One of the first things that comes to mind is when I was presenting a seminar to a group of folks, I think I was in Grand Island or Karney, Nebraska, I was explaining to the ladies how important it is to keep your machine clean. Out of my mouth came the words, "make sure you give it a good blow job every few hours".

It seems to me I was also in one of the small towns in Nebraska when I was explaining about how when you place an embelishment on wearable art (in this case a vest) you wanted to be really careful. (I was demonstrating what I called 'fru-fru frillies' ... looping some decorative yarn and tacking it down.) I told the ladies to be careful not to make 'propellers'. They looked at me very perplexed!

So I slid down the vest I was holding up until it was over the bust area and fluffed the frillies. I must have seen 20 hands go up to mouths with a deep intake of breath all around the room.

Are they really that sheltered in Nebraska????

Peggy
Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 AM

when i was teen we had went to astroworld in Texas well BJ Thomas was doing a concert there. He was on a tall stage and I asked if i could take a picture with him He told me sure hun if you can climb up here well I mumble I'll climb a mountain to get to you. OK well for the kicker he had the Mic down and EVERYONE there heard me. My face was so red and Everyone there stood up and clap.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 AM

One of the craziest things I did was after going out to some clubs after work it was really, really late and since all of us took the train into work in San Francisco we got a limo to take us back across the bay.

So there I am, in a limo, standing up with half my body out the sun roof and screaming my delight while driving over the bridge.

I got home at 3:00am and had to be at work at 7:00am back in SF. I made it!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 PM

when i lived in grand rapids mi, a group of us girls used to go out once in a blue moon, because we all had kids & we were all broke...

so one friday nite, we got the great idea at last call, about 200 am...which is when all ideas seem great, to drive to chicago il 3 hrs away, for their last call... @ 400 am and the time difference of 1 hour means we can just make it...

we did make last call at some bar in chicago.. but then had to call all the dh & tell them we didn't have enough cash to get home... this was WAY before debit cards & none of us had a credit card...

one dh had to western union us $$ for gas to get home...and the next time the dhs all went hunting .... we had to buy them a case of beer to take along.

it was years before we girls could go out again without hearing.. "i'm not sending you $$ to get home, or for bail...."

i sure miss those young & foolish days sometimes!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 PM

When I was younger, I was told that my telephone voice was husky and kinda sexy (remember I was way younger), well one day I was working as triage nurse at a doctors office. The receptionists would forward any nurse calls to me. My routine way of answering these calls was, "Hello, this is D--- the nurse, may I help you?" Well once at the end of a very looong day, and attempting to multi task, I grabbed the phone and said, "Hello, this is D--- the nurse may I have you?" There was a long pause and then the caller (a man) just busted up! Oh was I embarassed! :oops:
Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OMG> Yes....and they are my secrets and I'm not telling. ROFL. DOnt' want to get booted off the board. LOL. Back in the day, been there done that. teehee
I know...I would get kicked off too...lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
OMG> Yes....and they are my secrets and I'm not telling. ROFL. DOnt' want to get booted off the board. LOL. Back in the day, been there done that. teehee
I know...I would get kicked off too...lol.
Same here... I'm not telling what else happend that night! :lol:

(it was such a good story that someone else involved DID tell it but didn't mention any names. It was quite amusing to have someone ELSE tell me the story when they didn't know that I was the one they were talking about!)
Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 AM

Tell us like she told you then..
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Kas

Not telling! I don't want anyone to think lesser of me. I was a very bad girl ;).
Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 PM

I can relate to that!! :thumbup: :thumbup: