Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever done anything completely shocking

have you walked thru the mall and burst out in a song started dancing your way across the aisles of a store anything? I can remember one time my husband and I were walking in a store and I said "lets go home and make babies" and I didn't realize I said it really loud and all these people stopped and looked at me.

not yet --where there is life the is hope!!

So many times I can't remember all of them, there's some I'd like to forget and can't, and some that I can mention on here or anywhere else. Before being delivered from that lifestyle I used to be an "anything goes so go for it" type of person---pretty wild.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Ohmygosh yes!!!! Let me set up the scene for you. We have quite a lot of Hispanics here but they do all their shopping at WM on the weekends. Having lived most of my life in Ca. I learned a lot of Spanish words mostly the bad ones. LOL! So any way we were in WM on a Sat. and my DD was being a pain in the butt so I called her a name (jokingly) in Spanish. Well DH looked at me and said you need to look up. We were surrounded my Hispanic men with their mouths hanging wide open in shock. I don't know if the shock was from what I said or that I was speaking Spanish. Not too many white ppl around here can speak a single word in Spanish let alone understand any of it.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Oh Lordy, I did it at a restaurant in Colorado Springs over Christmas!

My younger DD who was hosting us -- me, older DD, and GS for the holiday (first time we've ever all been together for Christmas) -- was not feeling well when we arrived and she spent several days being really sarcastic, withdrawn, and just plain bit--y. To the point that we were all walking on eggs....you know, the family dynamics at holidays.

Finally, in the restaurant one night, as we sat down, she did it one last time, got on my very last nerve, and I slapped my hand hard on the table, causing everyone to look around at us, and I said, "This will stop right now!". She responded by looking at me like I'd tried to turn the table over, and said, "Do you want to walk home?"

My older daughter and grandson's eyes flew open, she said, "Mom?!"

I ignored her, looked right at the younger DD - a 30 year old pediatrician! - and said, "Shall we take this outside to the parking lot?", just like I had to do so many times when she was little and pushy.

She got up from the table and went to the restroom. For a long time.

Older DD looked at me; I looked at her and said, "I'm so sorry you had to see that, but I have learned too well over the years that when K--- gets this way, NOTHING seems to snap her out of it but a scene, preferably in a public place where she can walk away but has to come back calmed down. I'm sorry, but I had to do it. Sometimes a grandmother is still a mother."

And sure enough, when she returned without eye makeup, she was pleasant, polite, participating and we all had a nice dinner.

Of course, I was shaking in my boots, but eternally grateful that it still worked, even though I truly did hate pulling the I'm-still-your-mother rank on her in such a place!:oops: The rest of the visit was delightful!

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Good for you! Drove to the Metro, beautiful snowy night, 20+ years ago, to pick up DH in my full length fur coat and heels. Great night!

Hosta - sometimes you just have to let the "crazy" out for a little bit of air. You probably brightened the day for a couple of folks. :)

Have you ever done anything completely shocking??

Nothing that I'm willing to broadcast or that I'm proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    Have you ever done anything completely shocking??

Nothing that I'm willing to broadcast or that I'm proud of.
    Exactly where I'm at. :-(

Well, I didn't do it, but I was the recipient!!! One day, many many many years ago, my 1st DH and I were at an intersection at a stop sign. Pedestrians were walking across in front of us -- our windows were open. All of a sudden in a really LOUD voice, he said "I don't care WHAT you want -- we're not having sex in the car right here"......I wanted to sink to the floor -- EVERYONE on the crosswalk heard him!!!!! :oops: He thought it was funny -- but we lived in a small town........EVERYONE thought I'd asked for that!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    One night, my brother, sister and her new husband and I went to a restaurant for dinner. As we were leaving, my sister and hubby ahead of us, and quite a few people in the parking lot, my brother shouted "go ahead and leave with him but I want a divorce!" I immediately doubled over laughing because my brother and I have the same zany sense of humor. my brother-in-law looked like a deer caught in headlights and everyone had stopped to look to see if a fight was about to happen! That was BIL's first real taste of what our family is like! Fortunately he must have liked it because it has been 35 years and he is still around!

Let's see........

Got arrested for possession

Called a girl in Driver's ed a hooker

Most shocked and yet totally surprising thing to happen to me.....

We had a 1000.00 in savings (all we had), one of my kids was in trouble. My husband hands me the money and says let's go. Thankfully we didn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    One night, my brother, sister and her new husband and I went to a restaurant for dinner. As we were leaving, my sister and hubby ahead of us, and quite a few people in the parking lot, my brother shouted "go ahead and leave with him but I want a divorce!" I immediately doubled over laughing because my brother and I have the same zany sense of humor. my brother-in-law looked like a deer caught in headlights and everyone had stopped to look to see if a fight was about to happen! That was BIL's first real taste of what our family is like! Fortunately he must have liked it because it has been 35 years and he is still around!
    Wicked and I like it!

after seeing "Take the Lead" my dh and I waltzed out the theater to the parking lot.

Oh Yes Hosta, frequently, still do sometimes and my daughters disown me.. they are far more grown up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Well the zaniest thing I ever did .. it was a few years ago ... in the early 80`s when the Elvis stamps were just coming out ... I was standing in a line up at the post office that went on and on out the door ... sooo.... I yelled Oh my God...and pointed out the door ...There`s Elvis!!! You would not believe how many people ran out and looked !!!

Blog Entries
    Can't say it happened to me, but I have one line that will put the fear in grown Grandaughter when needed.Ever since she was small, getting too tired causes her to act out I don't want to say "shut up"...but asking if she wants me to sing, gets a "No way,Grma!!!"....then a little grin & all is well.
    Doesn't say much for my singing does it...:-) Besides, she knows I have & will....Only takes a couple words.

Well somethings I will not repeat. Got a little crazy after my divorce back in 90
    Only thing I will say is my Dd and I almost got caught caught going up the back stairs at the Hilton in Atlanta trying to find Motley Crue.lol
    And my daughter and I were asked to leave Toys R Us because we set all the See and Say's off at one time.

One evening after a women's pool tournamet at a local tavern, some rock'n'roll music came on, on the juke box. My husband grabbed my hand and we started to boogie! In and out and around the pool players, out through the swinging doors and into the restaurant where people were dining, and back thru the swinging doors into the tavern area, dancing together all the while. People were laughing and clapping at hubby's antics! (Mine too, come to think of it.)

At Christmastime, my DH and I had just passed through security at the airport -- he has an artificial knee, so he always sets off the alarms and has to be "patted down". I was there waiting for him with all our bags, looked down at his feet (shoes off, remember) and said, rather loudly, "Oh, my God, you have on socks with holes in them. I'm so embarrassed!"
    He said, "Well, no one noticed until you shouted out the news." Sure enough, I looked up and everyone in that area was looking at his feet!

something in college I wont repete cus it was illegal and goulish. foreward 25 yrs, then, the nite before we left to move South my SO was given a party by people with whom he worked, and 1 woman was draped on him (he told me she had a "rep") acting so sweet and innocent and crying tears about what was she going to do for "company" cus "she was so shy, how was she going to get a guy". I told her the place was crawling w/ guys, just pick one up! She said "I could NEVER do that! I dont know how!" So, I said "watch and learn", walked the room once around the center bar, it was Fri nite, guys everywhere, I walked up to 3 talked a bit and set her up. Then went back and said there were 3 guys waiting to take her home, pick one! -They did come over, she got so mad she left in a snit.
    and, once after we chased around to 2 airports to drop off SOs son to fly off for a 2 week visit w/ his grandfather we did have sex at a stop sign, lol - best sex our 50 something selves had in a while! share t

Blog Entries
    definately when i was younger, but from what i've been told,i'm in mixed company on this board, and might redden too many faces here. or, they might not print it.
    love hearing what others have done, makes me feel normal

My husband was always doing something shocking. One Christmas we were going from Iowa to Ks for the holiday and it was at noon on a Sunday that we stopped in a cafe in NE and church was just getting out. We had a little boy, 13 months old and I was 7 months along with another baby. I took our son to the rest room, and when I came back there were 4 very prim and proper ladies, hats and gloves, in the booth next to us. When I came back he jumped up and said " I don't know why you won't marry me and give these kids a name>" Being use to his antics I replied "because I don't like your name." The little ladies about had strokes and immediately the heads started bobbing.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but won't talk about it.

Loved embarrasing my teenagers.

At the last job I had (I was 62),
    with mostly 20+ year olds, I was
    called the fisty old lady. One
    even asked me to go on a singles
    cruise with her.
    J J

Blog Entries
    Yes, but won't talk about it.

Loved embarrasing my teenagers.