Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever done anything completely shocking >

Have you ever done anything completely shocking

Have you ever done anything completely shocking

Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pat P
Got tatoo's one one my leg and one on my arm at 62. The one on my leg is to celebrate snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef , it is a clown fish, a blue tang and a yellow forceps ( each one represents a granchild). On my wrist is the words Coast to Coast USA 1984.
You go girl. ;) I had a little too much cranberry and vodka over the summer and decided getting a giant tattoo on my chest with my Hubby's name on it was a good idea. I actually love the tattoo but you know it's not really something I put up for show and tell at the local quilt guild meeting. ;) These days I'm a fan of turtlenecks. LOL*

I'm a stay at home Momma who's completely dedicated to her family. I suppose I could do worse things than get tattoos right?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM

My nephew was in a van that was hit by a train. He was thrown out of the vehicle and was dragged under the train. As a result he lost his leg. After the insurance settlement he bought a very nice van. They were visiting us and he was showing off the van. Not thinking I said "It must has cost you an arm and a leg". He replied, "especially a leg." I felt really stupid. It pays to think before you speak.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000 View Post
Good for you! Drove to the Metro, beautiful snowy night, 20+ years ago, to pick up DH in my full length fur coat and heels. Great night!
I did that, too. Back around 1980 I had a bf from Canada, who was a world class marathon runner. He went to Fukuoka Japan for some big race, and I picked him up from the airport in heels and a trenchcoat. I went for mysterious, lol.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:29 PM

When I was celebrating my 50th birthday we were in this local bar and I always got irretated when I would go to the restroom because they only had curtains on the doors and the owner had a lot of money. There were holes in the curtains from people putting their ciggerets in the curtain "which was terrible. I took them all down and put them in the trash. When I returned about a month later, they were back up. I am glad they did not catch me.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:52 PM

What a wonderful if older thread.

Us quilters are not the meek women people may thing we are.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-31-2019 at 07:35 PM. Reason: inappropriate for QB
Old 12-31-2019, 05:05 PM

To this day I thank my lucky stars that I didn't get killed, but.....

I was living in a less than high quality neighborhood when I saw several bikers and their ladies hanging around a nearby bar. Just as I was walking by on my way home from work, things got testy between one of the bikers and his lady. He called her several really awful names and shoved her hard. I can't imagine what got into me, but I marched up to him and read him the riot act...told him that he was the type of biker who gave bikers bad names, and that if his lady was really all those awful things he called her, that he had terrible taste in women. I turned to her and said I didn't believe a word he had said about her, and that she deserved better. Amazingly, the other biker guys told him to lay off his lady and told me she would be okay, that they would keep an eye on the situation. This is not something I would encourage anyone else to do!
Old 01-01-2020, 09:13 AM

And then there was the time when I was 19 when I hitchhiked 2000 miles with my then-boyfriend. Dumb, dumb, dumb! It turned out well but it could have gone so wrong.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:59 AM

Shocking for city kids. not so much for country ones. Found a fire truck along side the road. Firefighters said it was out of gas and were headed to town. I didn't believe them. Jumped up into the cab and fired it up and drove it to the fire.. totally unauthorized. firefighters were glad to see that tanker.