Heat

Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM

I never complain about the cold. I love it. But boy do I hate hate hate summer and the humidity and the sun. The sun gives me headaches when I'm outside and hurts my eyes when it bounces off all that lovely snow in the winter. I don't even like sunny rooms in the house - close all the drapes and curtains. A/C is set on 70 and I've got fans in every room blowing directly on me all day and a paddle fan above my bed all night. I love cloudy days and rainy days. I love to stand by the window and watch the lightening during a storm. If I have to go somewhere I only go in the morning 'cause I can't afford to fix/replace the broken A/C in my 15-yr. old car, and I hate driving in a hot car on a hot day and being sweaty and sticky. The heat makes my heart pound and I can't breathe and I see black spots in front of me no matter where I look. Even as a kid my mom couldn't coax me to go outside to play - it was just too hot. Didn't get A/C in the house until I was in my mid-40's - don't know how I survived. We're really in for it now and for the next several days. It's after 6:00 p.m. now and it's still 90! Going to be 96 tomorrow! It's been working it's way across the country and now I guess it's our turn. Somehow I get the feeling that won't be the end of it. Hate, hate, hate the heat. There. I feel better now. Sorry for the rant. I'll just go and turn my fan on High.

BTW, I loved the "Heat" poem.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:15 PM

I love heat, but this is getting just a bit too much for me! Right now it's after 8pm, the temp is 101 and the heat index is 105. The normal high this time of year is 94. I was born and raised in central Fla so the heat normally doesn't bother me but we have had 17 days of above 100 temps, not counting heat index and no relief in site. We are also in a severe drought here in Oklahoma. That does not bode well for food prices this year...