Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help looking for feed dog

Help looking for feed dog

Help I'm looking for a feed dog for my white 955. The machine runs perfect but feet dog broke. White went out of business. The only way to get one is used. Please help.

Start with Cindy Peters. She will know where else to look if she doesn't have it.Cindy Peters, Stitches in Time
    [email protected]
    914 North High Street, Lake City MN 55041

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    Help I'm looking for a feed dog for my white 955. The machine runs perfect but feet dog broke. White went out of business. The only way to get one is used. Please help.
    Check with local sewing machine repair people. They usually keep a stock of parts for different machines. The old sewing machine guys are getting fewer and fewer, though and harder to find........

Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    Found this site that sells them:

http://www.mysewingmachineparts.com/white-feed-dogs/

Blog Entries
    PM me with a picture of what you need and I'll check my inventory of worn out $5 sewing machines to see if I can help you out.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Thanks for the web site. None of the feed dogs are the right one. I've called all over the state of Michigan e mailed and there are none to be found. I do appreciate you help. Thanks again.

I'll check with my DH. He repairs sewing machines.

Blog Entries
    Have you been on the vintage site here. Someone may have one. Also try ebay etc where people sell a machine for parts.
    Finished is better than a UFO

My only suggestion if to check Ebay for a used White 955, or maybe one White's models that uses the same part. It should be pretty cheap because of its age.

I have an older Viking that I did this, so I have plenty of machines for parts. However, they all work. I rotate them to keep the insides working though. I have one machine that still has the basic parts, but is a newer model.
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!