Help Me With My Kitty

Old 05-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

So Joyce, how is your baby this morning???

And Terri...Big Boy has a problem???? Hope he turns out fine, you need ALL your assistants ready and able for the Hugs & Kisses!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
So Joyce, how is your baby this morning???

And Terri...Big Boy has a problem???? Hope he turns out fine, you need ALL your assistants ready and able for the Hugs & Kisses!
I'm sure he'll be fine. I think it just may be the heat. It's gotten pretty warm lately, so that could be it, but I just want to get him checked just in case. And yes...I need him to hold the blocks down so they don't float away! lol
Old 05-25-2009, 06:49 AM

My baby seems to be the same as yesterday. I locked him out of the bedroom/sewing room areas and he is kind of ticked off. Been busy cleaning up all the "accidents" from the nite. Afraid my house is gonna smell like a giant litter box before this all over. :oops: :oops:

We changed his food to that for cats with urinary tract problems and he's been throwing it up this morning. However, we already had him on food for sensitive stomach (which the vet recommended) because he does have a tendency to throw up -- with all that fur, he has lots of fur balls. So now I guess we'll go back to the stuff for sensitive stomach for the rest of the day.

Did I say I would be at my vets when they open in the morning????

Terri, I hope your Big Boy is okay, too. It's always a concern when they change their habits as most cats hate change of any kind!

Thanks everyone, for your caring and concern. It means a lot to me. :)

Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
My baby seems to be the same as yesterday. I locked him out of the bedroom/sewing room areas and he is kind of ticked off. Been busy cleaning up all the "accidents" from the nite. Afraid my house is gonna smell like a giant litter box before this all over. :oops: :oops:

We changed his food to that for cats with urinary tract problems and he's been throwing it up this morning. However, we already had him on food for sensitive stomach (which the vet recommended) because he does have a tendency to throw up -- with all that fur, he has lots of fur balls. So now I guess we'll go back to the stuff for sensitive stomach for the rest of the day.

Did I say I would be at my vets when they open in the morning????

Terri, I hope your Big Boy is okay, too. It's always a concern when they change their habits as most cats hate change of any kind!

Thanks everyone, for your caring and concern. It means a lot to me. :)
sorry to hear that he is throwing up. yes, i agree, about changing back to the sensitive stomach, food.
about the urine smell, did you see the suggestion about the oreck enzyme pet odor remover? gonna get some of that here online. so glad you shared your kitty problems with us. sorry, you had to.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 AM

Joyce, you can mix the food. Just put a bit of his normal food in the bowl and a little of the new food. I had to do that when we changed to the prescription food.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:58 AM

I DO NOT recommend this in any way but....we had a femail cat dropped off (we have a nice big red barn) you could tell immediately that she had a urinary problem just by watching her. Probably why she was dropped off. We had a choice, put her down or take to vet...NOW I no way wanted a cat in the first place. I told my DH I had some cipro and to grind one up and put 1/4 in her food, you guessed it he was feeding her. She got better immediately....dancing and prancing and chasing her tail etc. Works for me and did for her. I know your not suppose to give aspirin to animals but it was either let her suffer and die or take her to the vet which I didn't want to do. The animal shelter would have put her down immediately. Like I said this IS NOT a recommendation just what I did LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 08:18 AM

I'm glad, Joyce, you are taking kitty to the vet. It sounds like an infection to me and they don't go away by themselves. That's been my experience anyway..... Vets are expensive and I have much sympathy for you in that regard. Usually, though, they will take payments.

Personally, I think I've spent much more on vet bills then I ever did on my children's doctor bills. I just hope he feels better real soon.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:15 PM

Well, I got up this morning and Big Boy is his happy self again. I'm thinking he got a bad piece of kibble? He came bounding up the 3d floor stairs after me and was sitting at the side of my bed. I was just laying there watching the news.
Now he is out on the balcony enjoying some fresh air. He's gonna be REALLY mad when I have to bring him in to get Courtney to work.
Once he is outside, he likes to stay. I'll put out a huge bowl of water for him...it's hot out there....and I'll put down his comfy cushion. Can't have him laying on hard cement!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:29 PM

Terri we have called our Big Boy Houdini for years cause he was always escaping the house every chance he got. Well now he is so old and slow that we will go out with him and let him sniff around in the grass. He absolutely loves it too. In 19 years he was never out other then to go to the vet. Now he gets a romp a couple of times a week.

Sewjoyce I hope your kitty is well really soon.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:24 PM

My reply is standard for kitties and people. Drink more. "The solution to polution is dilution". Dilute that UTI (sounds like one) and it helps. My vet also suggested a glucosomine condroiton tablet crushed on the food once a day. I bought a kitty drinking fountain, and haven't had a problem with kitty since. Petmate fresh flow: http://cgi.ebay.com/PETMATE-FRESH-FL...3A1%7C294%3A30