Helpful husband

Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
We are reseeding the lawn, all 5000 sq. ft. of it. While I am spreading grass seed around, my husband is doing other outside chores. This morning wee are getting ready to head outside. He says he has a few things to do in the shop so he will be close by if I need help. Then he says..........."I would be even closer if I was in the study playing computer games, if you need any help".......lol

It's gonna be a rather warm day today.........somewhere between 100-108 degrees they say.
You have my sympathy. We did ours last year. Just remember to stay hydrated, and sunscreen, lots and lots of sunscreen! Lol!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:33 AM

rjwilder.....I, too, live in the Sacramento, CA area and we are down to watering two days a week. It is really taking a toll and these very hot temps aren't helping. I just contracted with Clark (no association...only a customer)to put something on the lawn to help trap any moisture. Don't know if it will help. Can't afford a new redo....I envy your get away plans....my DH is just starting his second week of radiation and chemo so any travel is out for a long time to come.......
Old 07-01-2015, 07:41 AM

And in Indiana it was 58* this am when I got up. We might hit 78* by mid afternoon. And almost constant rain. If the sun comes out all the mowers in the neighborhood start up.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:54 AM

Well, an update on the lawn......I have about 3/4 of the lawn left to do. Between the heat and life's adventures getting in the way. Hopefully by the end of September I will have a newly seeded lawn. Our local green thumb, suggests getting the seeding done no later than the end of Sept. so the grass has time to take root and establish before winter arrives.

My husband said I am doing a wonderful job on the lawn. I told him it's cause I want a nice looking lawn for once.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:22 AM

Glad your getting the lawn done. Will you have to do this every year? We don't have much yard, but my DH is always planting some new plants. He planted sweet corn in a raised bed, and I could hardly wait, but we didn't get rain for over 3 weeks, and house water doesn't do it. So, needless to say we didn't get good corn. The good news is the grass kept on growing. Good luck with your lawn, and tell your DH I said he's a keeper for helping to keep you hydrated.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
Glad your getting the lawn done. Will you have to do this every year? We don't have much yard, but my DH is always planting some new plants. He planted sweet corn in a raised bed, and I could hardly wait, but we didn't get rain for over 3 weeks, and house water doesn't do it. So, needless to say we didn't get good corn. The good news is the grass kept on growing. Good luck with your lawn, and tell your DH I said he's a keeper for helping to keep you hydrated.

No Grannie, this is the first time we are doing such an extensive seeding of the lawn. We tried bringing it back over the past 6 years we have lived here. In our area for some reason grass has a hard time taking off. We have thatched, aerated and fertilized and the lawn is 75% better than when we moved in. The previous owner did not take care of it properly. There was so much dead matter under the existing grass water just ran off in places.

So with several lawn feedings before winter and a healthy dose of 16-16-16 fertilizer (for better root growth) we should have a good lawn when all is done.