In Hiding

Old 02-13-2010, 06:24 PM

I like knowing if someone is close to you but again it could blow the secret part its not like its an office with 100 people and all 100 are playing then you dont know.. here if four are from Floriday and six from Montana and only two from one part of that state well it gets easier. I order online, other angelees send gifts/cards for each other so the recepient is totally confused. Maybe we could put in our where are you from.. we are playing a Secret Angel game so we cant say instead of the moon? I thought so many were playing that everyone sort of knew about it. Its in member swaps etc.. maybe those who are interested can check into it and would like to play this next year too?? Its all harmless fun. I think if you knew player b sent to you and you sent to player c etc it would be a very nice exchange to be sure but not a secret. Ps.. I am still hiding sorry.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM

i think that when new members join us they think that's a viable choice but then we don't get to know them. it would be nice to know where everyone is. there was a thread not too long ago called something like where are we from or something like that. admin put up a map of the world (i think it was he) and marked where people were from.
it was very nice to see right up front where in all the world we were. and surprising. now it feels as though no one wants to share that part of themselves. they'll tell you that they got a divorce, that their unmarried child had a baby, that they're very ill, but not what state they live in? duh!
Old 02-13-2010, 07:01 PM

I just love your candor, Butterfly!!!! You and I are cut from the same cloth, except you say what I am only thinking.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:26 PM

this is a perfect example of a newbie who thinks this is a way to get to meet us:

"my name is XXXXXX I live in XXXXXXXX. XX and I'm a beginner All prayers will be thankful Im trying to teach my self. Nice site I'm thankful I found it."

i've X'd out all the pertinent info not to embarrass her, but which she gave out, yet in her profile she wrote "in hiding".
Old 02-13-2010, 07:30 PM

I have noticed most of the newbies are putting that they are in hiding. I am too in hiding:), I am a Secret Quilt Angel, and yes, the postmark can tell where we are from, sort of....
SQA in hiding
Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 PM

Hey lets guess who I am and where I am.....same thing with user names why bother??
Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dora Taggart
Hey lets guess who I am and where I am.....same thing with user names why bother??
:lol:
Old 02-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dora Taggart
nope. don't much care who you are. that secret is safe. a user name is A-OK.
the interesting thing is where you are. we have members from russia, croatia, spain, france, england, new zealand, and guam. THAT is interesting. THAT's what makes us unique. it changes how we see things, how we work and what we think is attractive. it's a lesson in geography and culture, which is the basis of quilting history. the quilts of china are not the same as the quilts of alabama. i want to know which ones come from where. and what brings members to this place. isn't anyone else curious? and dora, i see that you're not hiding.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Nope never been good at hiding...
Old 02-13-2010, 08:47 PM

I agree, at least the state would be nice.