HOME ALONE!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy your time alone!!!! I'm a little jealous of you, I'll have to admit :mrgreen:
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 AM

Weekends are usually my time to quilt. Since my DH works weekends off and on, I get a lot more quilting done. Even when he is home, I still get some quilting in. There has been a few times when he comes in and asks if I am done. That is my clue that I have spent way too much quilting! :-)
Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 AM
dsj

I know the feeling and it is a wonderfully fun time all by myself. I am getting ready myself for a 4 day vacation at home all alone. I am doing my spring cleaning this week and next so everything will be fresh and tidy and everything in its place so no house work will have to be done. Here is the best part. When they get home on Sunday, I leave for 9 days for a road trip with my daughter up the coastline of California up to Portland, Or. I am so excited. With the house in perfect order they will know that they better have it look just the same as I left it or they will be in big trouble. They will order Pizza every night so they won't have dishes to do. Have fun on your vacation.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM

I right there with you. DH left this morning for an annual golf trip. I got all me cleaning done earlier this week so besides schleping (sp?) the kids around I GET TO SEW!!!
And you are right, I am excited to see him when he gets home.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 AM

As some of you know Randy & I are buying a house in one state {ut.} but he still has to to work in another [Nv.} I live in the house and we take turns going back & forth so I get alot of alone time. Somedays he sounds so sad that we can't live together 24/7, I have to really get into the mode to reply to him. Now don't get me wrong I love him and enjoy our time together but......I am very independant and enjoy my time doing my own thing. Somedays I really worry what it will be like when he decides to retire & lives here full time. I know...I will keep him busy w/ a Honey To Do list...lol
Hope you enjoy your lil retreat. Let the sewing begin.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Sure is a good thing we all passed the quilt class on "Home Alone 101" LOL It took a gf talking to my DH for him to finally accept that I really do like/want/need some alone time. I'm even happy with a couple of hours alone while he takes his daughter to dinner sometimes....my choice whether I go with them or not. Sometimes I go, sometimes I let them have daddy/daughter time.
Enjoy your alone time, and as someone has already asked...please share with us what you get accomplished!!!

Patti
Old 03-11-2010, 01:16 PM

I totally get it, I am on vacation all next week, my husband still will be working and my daughter is going out of town to visit her boyfriend's parents, so I will sew, sew, sew all week long!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
I envy you! I love my hubby, but do so with I could have a weekend of alone time. I could get so much done!
Me too. I am rather envious, although wouldn't trade husbands! My DH likes me to be in the same room and quilt. I still have to stop for things like dinner, etc! He suggested that we put my sewing machine, table behind the sofa instead of the sofa table. Woks for me!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:17 PM

I love my DH and we have been Married 43 yrs. BUT we are both retired and we are together 24/7!!! A couple should be apart at least 8 hours a day even if HE is sitting on a park bench somewhere so I can sew at least 8 hrs a day.
North Calif
Old 03-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Yep! Well said.