Home Burglary

Old 06-13-2011, 06:48 PM

This is just so awful for all of you have been violated... being broken into in your homes! I only had my car broken into once in my driveway & up against the house. They used a metal punch the size of a nickle round & punched a hole next to the lock. I don't think my car is anything but easy to get into now. They took a bag that had my floor & carpet samples in it...nothing of value, except to me. They left the hand tools, which surprised me, like gloves, screwdrivers & hammers. I thought they could've been used to break in somewhere else.
If you've seen some of the break-in shows, you might think about what's important to YOU to protect, at least when you're away. I think scanning the family photos would be at the top of my list. I am in that process now, so I can make DVD copies (DVD's hold many more still photos than CD's) & give a backup to my mother for safe keeping. Also, be sure you have updated locksets, that won't allow the "bump key" to quickly open your doors. If not sure what that is, google it.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

so sorry!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Dee

Can't leave anything not tied down or not locked up. We have gone thru this and so I can relate. Its like you've been raped. Nothing seems private anymore. This world is a whole new place.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 PM

Family in Arizona were home, some persons took the new air conditioners out of both ends of their new home, and also the palm tree they had just finished landscaping - now a 250 lb. rock sits in its place - they were home, and never heard a thing - how scary is that.

I can feel for you - such an invasion of your privacy/safe spot in the world - takes a long time to get back your comfortable feeling again. Hang in there!!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM

several years ago, we were broken into,BUT they never made it IN!It was 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. The 3 teen punks pounded on my door(I had just left), then broke the basement window! Neighbors called 911,then 2 different neighbors got their guns, waiting for them to step on their property, so they could SHOOT THEM! THAT scared me, as much as the SCUM! I told the DA, _no I don't want an aplogy(they were teens),never want them on my property, ect. BUT he'd better impress on them how close they came to being shot, breaking into a house w/nothing of value! The one neighbor had 98 guns/rifles to choose from-VERY SCARY!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:16 AM

Just tragic. When we leave we don't tell people (neighbors) that we are leaving. We only tell one trusted neighbor who keeps an eye on things. We give our cell number too. The more people who know, the more chance that someone could overhear and get ideas. That could make you a target. It's not that we don't trust anyone, but it's just that we don't anyone. LOL Sad but true.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM

That just sucks. Seems you can't trust anyone anymore. And also a good idea to let trustworthy neighbors know the travel schedule so they can help keep an eye out for ruthless intruders.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM

I forgot to lock my car one night and someone opened the door to get in but my headlights turn on when the door is opened. It was parked facing my bedroom window so it woke me up. I grabbed by DH keys and hit the horn button. Scared the daylights out of them and they ran. Come to find out they had gone up and down the whole street and broke into everyones car. Did not get anything from mine. Now I double check to make sure it is locked. PS> when I leave for any length of time all my jewelry goes with me.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Just visited your website. Loved it.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 AM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. We once felt safe in our homes and when we were gone, and no longer does that hold true. We are on the fringes of the oil patch and there are so many strangers in our midst now, so we are being much more careful. I empathize with you.