Home made sanitary pads

Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 AM

Just lost my job today this may come in handy!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 AM

after reading this post I wonder how "reliable" are these when you need to leave the comfort of your own home. Pre-menapausals can bleed like stuck pigs! 10 super absorbancy tampons a day and about 3 to 4 pads is my usual for the first 2-3 days.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
if nobody else is going to say it ... i will.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!! :shock:

ok. got it out of my system.

back to you, terri. :lol:
I thought the same thing at first, though I never used them is it any different then someone blowing their nose in a hankie and having to wash that????? Or skid marks in hubby's undies?????? And I ask WHY do lots of guys not know how to wipe their butt??????????? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :thumbup:
Old 08-14-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
My daughter is VERY environmentally friendly. No, she's not a treehugger, but she likes to save/recycle or whatever whenever possible. She uses cloth diapers for the babies and neither one of them has had a bit of diaper rash. She'll put a disposable on them if traveling for the day, but other than that, it's cloth, cloth, cloth.

She's thinking she want's to do this, but unsure of it all. She says she could toss them in the diaper pail with the diapers, which is usually always full. Yes, she hangs it all out to dry too, but neighbors don't care, they love the babies.

Yes Patrice...I said the EW thing too, but....oh well....sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. This will also save her a bit of money too, I think, I hope!
Now this is really gross, on a blog the lady said she takes the water from the diaper and mama pail and dumps it in her garden. She said is has lot of nutrients and everything grows huge. I don't know her personally but since she writes of her veggies garden I don't think if I did I would ever have a tomato sandwich at her house. Which is also silly look at all the people who use cow manure. Like everything else it is what we are use to and what has been considered exceptable.

I commend your daughter, she is not giving in to big corporations and buying their expensive products just because it is a neccesity she is finding alernate ways.
That reminds me - years ago, my husband's brother brought his new bride here from Germany - they lived in a farm and only had an "outhouse" for a bathroom. We ate there several times and then she took us on a tour of her garden and we kept seeing toilet paper in the garden!!!!! Needless to say - we never ate there again! They used the "manure" from the outhouse for their garden - GAG!
:thumbdown: :lol: :lol: :shock: :hunf:
Old 08-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Aw, Lea, so sorry to hear about your job! I lost mine a month or so ago, place just closed down with no notice. You can bet I do ANYTHING to save money, lol!
Just make the pad abit thicker, and they sell plastic like stuff in the fabric store you can use, as a liner.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:51 AM

What an educational thread. My oh my.
I remember the belt and pads. Can't tell you how many times I had to go home and change clothes from elementary school. Got smart quick. Extra set of clothes and lots of extra pads. Got to where the other girls would come to me for their necessities.
SO, next question, if your periods are extra heavy, what did/do they do to keep leakage down on these?
Thanks God for hsterectomy and early menopause.

Would I use them? Sure, why not? Believe me there are more gross things and some day we may have all these conveniences taken away or not be able to afford them .
Only thing I would not do is go camping while on my period. Bears are soooo attracted to the smell and through the years have killed folks in campgrounds and the wilderness because of it. Ok, I'm done.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:59 AM

Well? She's on the hunt for soft flannel. Not sure what she will find, but I'm headed out there in a couple weeks to help her with her new machine and get her questions answered on her sewing.
We shall see what she comes up with.

Thanks everyone for the walk down Memory Lane. ;)
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

There are disadvantages to being female! We leak!

I'm trying to think of a few advantages -

Anyone?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 AM

We are smarter than men! lol

Originally Posted by bearisgray
There are disadvantages to being female! We leak!

I'm trying to think of a few advantages -

Anyone?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:38 PM

Burda patterns has a pattern for them