Home made sanitary pads

Old 08-14-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
There are disadvantages to being female! We leak!

I'm trying to think of a few advantages -

Anyone?
That's not a disadvantage. I've used the example of an alternate use for a pad in an RPG game. Grossed out a Marine, and 2 Army guys...
Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by redkimba
Originally Posted by bearisgray
There are disadvantages to being female! We leak!

I'm trying to think of a few advantages -

Anyone?
That's not a disadvantage. I've used the example of an alternate use for a pad in an RPG game. Grossed out a Marine, and 2 Army guys...
OK - - I'll ask............. what's an RPG game? Or shouldn't I ask?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:20 PM

OK - - I'll ask............. what's an RPG game? Or shouldn't I ask?[/quote]

RPG - role play game, as in Dungeons & Dragons.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
if nobody else is going to say it ... i will.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!! :shock:

ok. got it out of my system.

back to you, terri. :lol:
Agree!!! Guess everyone has their own threshold for extra work and gross-ness! Mine must be pretty low!!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:10 PM

Bleach WILL not hurt plants -- indoors or out. It will help keep bugs from them tho. I know that bleach won't hurt them because I often put dishwater (no I have never had a dishwasher) that I have put bleach in on my plants. I allow my washer to drain -- again with bleach, on my plants. Also when I was about 18 (about 50 years ago) I had a sister in law from hell. I tried to ruin her plants by pouring bleach directly on them. They looked better than ever.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
My daughter was always one that was/is earth conscious.
They really don't have alot of money and with 2 babies, they TRY to not spend alot. They do get WIC, but not much, but every little bit helps.

As to putting the water on the garden? My daughter thought about that, but then remembered...the bin that the diapers go in has a bit of bleach in it, so that's not good for her garden. She won't NOT put the little bleach in only because of bugs and she doesn't need those in her house.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Oh, I REMEMBER WELL being at my Granny's house and BAM !!! off to the rag closet and then looking for two big safety pins.... Wish I knew about those then.
Originally Posted by Charlee
My mother once told me that when she was a girl, they used cotton or wool rags with natural sheep's fleece wrapped inside to absorb...
Old 08-14-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Only thing I would not do is go camping while on my period. Bears are soooo attracted to the smell and through the years have killed folks in campgrounds and the wilderness because of it. Ok, I'm done.
I was on my period at summercamp when we had our overnights in the woods. It was a mixed overnight, boys and girls, but everybody sure knew what I was doing 'cause I had to burn the used pads and tampons (wrapped in TP, of course). That's really the only thing you can do. Even if you bury them, the bears can smell it. Yeah, they can smell you too... but it's way worse if you're carrying used stuff around!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 PM

zoom! down another rabbit trail! so have ya'll seen the commercial where MOTHER NATURE brings A GIFT for the woman? what would happen if she whipped out a CLOTH pad or a DIVA CUP? ha ha ha ha ha.......just thinking of it makes me laugh!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:27 PM

wonder if something like that would work for urinary incontinence?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Banned

I am sure they would work for incontanince. just make them thicker. There were times, before I had my historectomy that I would be wearing 2 extra heavy flow pads at a time, and still leak everywhere. at night I would wear 2 pads, and have to use a bath towel too. and I would still be waking hubby up, so he could change the sheets, so I could go take a shower. Thankfully they only made me do this tell I turned forty. and that was on top of making me have surgery every year to remove addhesions off the utarus. But you are all to funny, and I interduced my hubby to wipes, as I am even senstive to tolit paper. no more streaks. besides hubby does laundrey now, as lifting and bending causes pain. But after 28 years its his turn any way. God bless. Penny