Home Security Systems

Old 08-04-2011, 12:09 PM

There is NO place safe anymore, and you are very wise to get a security system. I use ADT (actually, it used to be Brinks), and so far I've liked it ok, but I haven't been "tested," thank goodness. All my windows, as well as doors are covered. The only really weak point, I think, are the double doors in my bedroom, which, it seems to me, would be easy to kick open, if one really wanted to. So I intend to have burglar bars put up over them. Wasn't it nice when we could live without so many fears? Yeah.....
Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 AM

We had ADT several years ago and had no problems. Now we just have a big dog. She barks when she hears anything unusual. Having a sign that says you have a security system is almost as good as having one. Thieves shy away from house with security systems. When we moved I took the sign from a previous system and just put it in the yard. That and three big dogs seems to work too.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I just got two big dogs, two attack cats, DH, and a gun. Works for me.
Just a note- I was home alone the other night, and my neighbor called to say she was coming over to visit. I figured since I was bored, why not. When she got to my house, she walked into my laundry room, without knocking. Thank the Lord she did not open the inner door. My dog was at the door, hackles up, and snarling! I had to yell "don't touch the door!" I then dragged my dog to my bedroom, and shut the door on him. I let my neighbor in, and explained how close she had come to being 'doggie dinner', and warned her to never do that again. This is the first time his 'territory' was tested, and he came through for me! I love my furry burglar eater!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Just a note- I was home alone the other night, and my neighbor called to say she was coming over to visit. I figured since I was bored, why not. When she got to my house, she walked into my laundry room, without knocking. Thank the Lord she did not open the inner door. My dog was at the door, hackles up, and snarling! I had to yell "don't touch the door!" I then dragged my dog to my bedroom, and shut the door on him. I let my neighbor in, and explained how close she had come to being 'doggie dinner', and warned her to never do that again. This is the first time his 'territory' was tested, and he came through for me! I love my furry burglar eater!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:55 PM

I want one of his next litter!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 AM

We have dogs. They work great.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 AM

We have dogs. They work great.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Best part of Doggie Security- no one can take it away, and use it against you.