Honey BooBoo

Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
The closest I come to watching reality shows is the NEWS.
Depending on your news source, it may not be reality!

Sandy
Old 01-02-2013, 01:57 PM

Totally disgusting and nasty...not much more to say...
Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM

I totally agree!!

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
when did chubby and obnoxious become funny....maybe I'm just to old to appreciate
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM

This show is right up there with Simpson's in my opinion. Can they not come up with anything more educational than this this 'down home' show??????
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM

I saw a few minutes of the show as i flipped channels. I think it is awful that our society has sunk so low to actually put that crap on tv and watch it. I also don't see how this repulsive family ever could afford the entry fees and costumes for beauty pagens. I think the department of childrens services should step in and remove all of the children from the home. I am almost embarrased to say I am an American and live in a country that would show this.
I think the quality of TV shows is awful. If they should quit publicizing all the stupid crap that celebrities do. I think it makes it out to be OK to some people and is bringing our society down.
I guess I should get off of my soapbox now. I would love to pull the plug on the tv in my house. My Dh is addicted to TV and won't let me.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 PM

I find nothing entertaining about watching a spoiled kid on television. I feel sorry for that child.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
when did chubby and obnoxious become funny....maybe I'm just to old to appreciate
I guess that makes two of us........
Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 PM

After the shooting in Newtown, CT I started thinking that we have let television dictate to some people what the acceptable patterns of behavior are. We let the Survivor program show how to cheat our way to the top. Housewives type shows show the value of gossip and backstabbing. Honey Boo Boo shows that bad grammar, the inability to speak clearly and public discussion of things better left unsaid are acceptable, perhaps even worth investment. And the plethora of violent movies and weekly shows have desensitized many to violence. We need a public movement to get this stuff out of our homes and work to change the way we think. Just like the anti-smoking campaign has decreased the number of smokers, we need an anti-violence, anti-rudeness, anti-dumbing down of American movement. There, I'll step down off my soapbox now.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM

I loved TLC when it first started and for several years, was educational, informative; a real Learning Channel. I had that channel on or Animal planet a lot back then. I still watch some Animal planet shows, but cannot remember last time I watched a show on TLC. HGTV has gone down too, used to watch it a lot, now maybe once a week, Love it or Leave it. Or if nothing else is on will watch House Hunters or House Hunters international. Is it just me that cannot see the need for big bathrooms? I do not mind small as long as I can bath, eliminate and do makeup. Sorry got off topic. I do notlike Honey Boo Boo or her family from what I have seen on other shows, not funny and I am betting most of it is put-on. They know what they are doing acting dumb and uneducated. They are good actors.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM

I find her and her entire family obnoxious and anytime I see them I switch channels. I am really tired of all these "reality" shows. Pawn shops, loggers, gold seekers, and the list goes on and on.