Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hotels and Pets....so true.. >

Hotels and Pets....so true..

Hotels and Pets....so true..

Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 PM

We are moving across the country and will have to take our 7 year old pit bull female (Frida) with us. She is wonderful and well behaved, clean and although not friendly, not aggressive. I am hoping we will be able to find hotels to stay at where they will not be intimidated by her. I hate to think of leaving her in the truck at night as she is our house dog (and friend) and has never been left "outside" at night. I am concerned because this is a big move for all of us and she does not need the stress of being outside without us.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM

Love the letter and reply!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:00 AM

I wish they all felt that way. My little guy is 12 lbs doesn't bark or make a mess and yet isn't allowed to stay in hotels but they allow children. With some of the kids today I would rather have a dog than a kid next door to me .
I will most definately check out Red Roof Inns when I next travel.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by bucksprt View Post
Have read that one before. Owned a small motel in Maine for 18 yrs and never had a dog owner that up front told of his pet causing problems. Now the ones they try to sneak in are usually a different thing. This is what I wanted to post after many problems with children. "Well behaved children and pets stay free, all others are charged double. Needless to say my husband didn't agree with the posting. LOL
I think that would have been a perfect sign. Just like the ones that say a child who is not being watched gets sent home a large cup of coffee, chocolate and a puppy. although I would leave off the puppy cause in my mind if they can't train a kid they sure couldn't take care of a dog. :-)
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 AM

my dh and ds traveled from tx to nj in august with 2 dogs and a rabbit.they stayed at a variety of hotels/motels. the hilton was very nice, the marriot was nice and a mom&pop motel was very nice. then they stayed in homestyle suites until my dd and i, with our cat, could join them. 4 animals and 3 people in a 2rm suite for 3 weeks--you can bet we were seriously looking for a house! thank goodness all the animals got along!