Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: House work is never a good idea!

He He Ha Ha

Blog Entries
    Momma had a little cross-stitched message that I live by... don't know where it ended up? Guess I need to cross-stitch one for myself...

"Dust is a protective covering for furniture!!"

:-D

At least you found it. I once vacuumed up my contact lens that had just fallen out of my eye (when contacts were hard lenses). That was a big ouch!

Double Amen Sisters

Reminds me of the customer who came in the glass store with a broken chandelier. The housekeeper dusted it the same direction every time and finally it came unscrewed and came crashing down!

Well, our house has been rented out to family for the last eight years. We just moved back in about a month ago so my DH can be closer to his doctors. He's my cheering section, but doesn't do the physical work himself. Since moving back I've painted three of the bedrooms, took carpet out of one bedroom and laid laminate for my sewing room, painted the kitchen/dining area, and washed down both bathrooms. Yesterday I finally finished mopping the kitchen ceiling. I still have one bedroom to rip out the carpet, another bedroom to paint, and then the living room and hall to repaint.

Great tip: NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER rent your house to anyone with pets and/or who smokes.

Tie a rag to the dogs tail and throw a ball let them clean

I agree wholeheartedly. BTW, I once lost the "F" key of of my laptop. I didn't realize how often one uses the letter "F".

I hope your husband does the cooking! You certainty will have earned your sewing time, in fact, you need to get that room done first. We bought our last house from indians and it reeked of curry. It took taking appliances apart and scrubbing with a toothbrush and redecorating and still the smell took years to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure
    Well, our house has been rented out to family for the last eight years. We just moved back in about a month ago so my DH can be closer to his doctors. He's my cheering section, but doesn't do the physical work himself. Since moving back I've painted three of the bedrooms, took carpet out of one bedroom and laid laminate for my sewing room, painted the kitchen/dining area, and washed down both bathrooms. Yesterday I finally finished mopping the kitchen ceiling. I still have one bedroom to rip out the carpet, another bedroom to paint, and then the living room and hall to repaint.

Great tip: NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER rent your house to anyone with pets and/or who smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    I have a saying that "My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy". I live by that rule!
    My feelings exactly! A house should look lived in and not like a showpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    I have a saying that "My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy". I live by that rule!
    Ditto !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Therese
    I hope your husband does the cooking! You certainty will have earned your sewing time, in fact, you need to get that room done first. We bought our last house from indians and it reeked of curry. It took taking appliances apart and scrubbing with a toothbrush and redecorating and still the smell took years to get rid of.
    Well, curry is a hard smell to get rid of. When I was in college my neighbors were from Sri Lanka. The smell often drifted into my apartment.

Hubby cooks sometimes, but I do most of the cooking. He's having some health problems and so I do almost all physical work.

We built a house out in the country and are doing much of it of it ourselves. In fact we are putting in trim work right now. I'll paint the wall as soon as the caulk dries and then DH can install the master bathroom toilet!!! Yay!! Take care of yourself and your hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure
    Quote Originally Posted by Therese
    Well, curry is a hard smell to get rid of. When I was in college my neighbors were from Sri Lanka. The smell often drifted into my apartment.

Hubby cooks sometimes, but I do most of the cooking. He's having some health problems and so I do almost all physical work.

As if cleaning the house yesterday wasn't lesson enough today I am cleaning the sewing room. How the heck can a room 8 by 10 hold so much stuff??? And I havn't gotten to the storage room or under the quilting table (in the living room) yet!
    I found a little painted sign my sister made me years ago and I forgot I had. It say's "Martha Stewart dosn't live here!" Thats for darn sure.

So glad you found that "o"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    I usually clean on Friday but I had too many errands to do today and didn't get it done. Not to worry...it isn't as though any one else will beat me to it.
    That was funny. I no one sees what need to be done but you, they just wait for you. Good laugh though

Power Poster
    What a cute story - put the O key back on and he'll never know it was missing. AS they say, no good deed goes unpunished. After my FIL passed away, DH's mother came to visit - for 6 weeks, 4 if you count the two she spent with DH's aunt and uncle. She started to clean my house the day after she got there - now mind you I'm not a fan of housework, but I always, always clean when someone is coming. I held up well for 2 weeks of her criticizing me for what I wasn't doing right, I wasn't a good mother, wife, housekeeper, etc. I finally told her that housekeeping was not in my contract and she didn't know what to say. I did tell her I would admit to not being a great housekeeper, but I was a great mom and wife. In-laws!! I'm so glad that my son's in-laws are such great people, so he won't have to go through that. I agree though that it doesn't pay to do housekeeping, but I applaud your efforts.

That's what you get for doing housework!

the laundry monster is out in the hall oh I guess I should do some to tame it but it will be there tomorrow if I feel the need

"Fondle the fabric." I LOVE IT!!!!

"Fondle the fabric." I LOVE IT!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

As if we needed proof housework is to no avail! LOL! thxfully he got his O key back.

I'm sure we all can agree with you! No to house work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2