Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
House work is never a good idea! >

House work is never a good idea!

House work is never a good idea!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 AM

Well, our house has been rented out to family for the last eight years. We just moved back in about a month ago so my DH can be closer to his doctors. He's my cheering section, but doesn't do the physical work himself. Since moving back I've painted three of the bedrooms, took carpet out of one bedroom and laid laminate for my sewing room, painted the kitchen/dining area, and washed down both bathrooms. Yesterday I finally finished mopping the kitchen ceiling. I still have one bedroom to rip out the carpet, another bedroom to paint, and then the living room and hall to repaint.

Great tip: NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER rent your house to anyone with pets and/or who smokes.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:09 AM

Tie a rag to the dogs tail and throw a ball let them clean
Old 07-16-2011, 08:55 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. BTW, I once lost the "F" key of of my laptop. I didn't realize how often one uses the letter "F".
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 AM

I hope your husband does the cooking! You certainty will have earned your sewing time, in fact, you need to get that room done first. We bought our last house from indians and it reeked of curry. It took taking appliances apart and scrubbing with a toothbrush and redecorating and still the smell took years to get rid of.

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Well, our house has been rented out to family for the last eight years. We just moved back in about a month ago so my DH can be closer to his doctors. He's my cheering section, but doesn't do the physical work himself. Since moving back I've painted three of the bedrooms, took carpet out of one bedroom and laid laminate for my sewing room, painted the kitchen/dining area, and washed down both bathrooms. Yesterday I finally finished mopping the kitchen ceiling. I still have one bedroom to rip out the carpet, another bedroom to paint, and then the living room and hall to repaint.

Great tip: NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER rent your house to anyone with pets and/or who smokes.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
I have a saying that "My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy". I live by that rule!
My feelings exactly! A house should look lived in and not like a showpiece.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
I have a saying that "My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy". I live by that rule!
Ditto !!!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Therese
I hope your husband does the cooking! You certainty will have earned your sewing time, in fact, you need to get that room done first. We bought our last house from indians and it reeked of curry. It took taking appliances apart and scrubbing with a toothbrush and redecorating and still the smell took years to get rid of.
Well, curry is a hard smell to get rid of. When I was in college my neighbors were from Sri Lanka. The smell often drifted into my apartment.

Hubby cooks sometimes, but I do most of the cooking. He's having some health problems and so I do almost all physical work.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM

We built a house out in the country and are doing much of it of it ourselves. In fact we are putting in trim work right now. I'll paint the wall as soon as the caulk dries and then DH can install the master bathroom toilet!!! Yay!! Take care of yourself and your hubby.

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Originally Posted by Therese
Well, curry is a hard smell to get rid of. When I was in college my neighbors were from Sri Lanka. The smell often drifted into my apartment.

Hubby cooks sometimes, but I do most of the cooking. He's having some health problems and so I do almost all physical work.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM

As if cleaning the house yesterday wasn't lesson enough today I am cleaning the sewing room. How the heck can a room 8 by 10 hold so much stuff??? And I havn't gotten to the storage room or under the quilting table (in the living room) yet!
I found a little painted sign my sister made me years ago and I forgot I had. It say's "Martha Stewart dosn't live here!" Thats for darn sure.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 PM

So glad you found that "o"